Changes on channel groups should be reflected by function manager

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
siegmund

Hey guys,

for an upcoming event, I excessively used channel groups. Once I needed to change some of them and assumed, the changes will also be applied to the scenes, in which these channel groups are used.

Please have a look at the workspace "channel_groups.qxw":
2 Dimmers, 2 Channel groups (in each of them is 1 Dimmer), 2 scenes (each of them contains one channel group)
  • Add Dimmer 2 to channel group 1
  • In Scene "Dimmer 1" there is still only Dimmer 1 present, I would assume that Dimmer 2 is automatically added to the scene since the scene contains the channel group
This is maybe more a feature request but I also found a behavior which I would consider a bug since this is definitely not what the user expects:
Please have a look at the workspace "channel_groups_bug.qxw":
1 Dimmer with 4 channels, 1 Channel group that contains channel 1 of the Dimmer. 1 Scene that uses the channel group.
  • In the channel group, remove channel 1 and add channel 2 from the dimmer
  • This change is not reflected in the scene which is pretty bad since the channel group seems to be still in use but is in a "wrong state"
The workaround, for now, is to remove the channel group from the scene, delete all fixtures and add the channel group again (adjust intensity).

I really would appreciate a change since it would be really nice to have the channel groups as extra abstraction level so you can change them and don't need to rebuild all your scenes.

Regards,
siegmund
Attachments
channel_groups_bug.qxw
(1.59 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
channel_groups.qxw
(2.43 KiB) Downloaded 84 times