[since 4.10.5 or .4] Timing of chaser ignored when started by another chaser

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
bestdani

Hello, I came across the following issue as I tested 4.10.5 on my Windows 10 x64 machine only for now. The timing of a chaser seems to be totally ignored when the chaser is started by another chaser (it just seems to run with "0ms" / tick speed). I cannot tell if the issue started in .4 already for now since I had to jump over this version having some other trouble with that. I can only say that it worked the last in .3a for me as expected (and I guess as intended?). This also affects sequences started by a chaser.

I think it is most impressively demonstrated when the chaser that is started by another one uses a step with infinite timing as shown here:
qlc-setup.jpg
cue-cue-test.qxw
(4.51 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
bestdani

I tested in in 4.10.4 right now, problem only present since .5 ;-)
Nicko453

I have also noticed this problem today with 4.10.5 - I will test with 4.10.4 and see if that works for me.

Update: Confirmed - the problem does not exist at 4.10.4 Re-tested 4.10.5 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint, and the problem exists on both OS.
mcallegari

I haven't tested on 4.10.4 yet, but in my opinion the current behaviour is correct: you are forcing a duration of 5 seconds to a Chaser. So after 5 seconds QLC+ stops the Chaser, no matter what's inside of it.

[EDIT] wait. I see now what you mean. I was testing from the Function Manager and not from the Virtual Console. Indeed the child Chaser is not behaving correctly. I need to investigate what's happening.
mcallegari

The issue is now fixed on GIT. Like every major bug, it took me 5 minutes to find and solve it.

I'd like to thank you guys for the neat reporting but this costs me to re-release 4.10.5 :cry:

For the future, I encourage you to check from time to time the TEST version page.
Not for production usage, but just to check that the next version of QLC+ will work with your projects. Your feedback in time before a new release, would be pure contribution gold to the project.
This particular issue is probably online since August 8th.

Please check with the latest windows (QLC+_4.10.5.246.exe) or Linux (OBS) build if the issue is solved for you.
bestdani

Thanks for fixing it! The test version works as expected with my workspaces so far. Unfortunately I had no opportunity to use QLC+ for a while and actually was about to compile the latest GIT version as I spotted that .5 got released in this case. I'll try my best to check test releases more frequently.
Nicko453

Yes, thanks for fixing this. I can confirm that the problem is resolved in the test version (.246) - my project now runs correctly again.

I will try and keep an eye on the test versions, and endeavour to give some early feedback in future.

Cheers, Nick