Too many fixtures in a scene expands window beyond screen size. (Mac OS)

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
DavidH

When I add channel groups to a scene, I get a tab for each fixture that is in any of the channel groups. This is convenient for tweaking individual fixtures, but when there are large numbers of fixtures, the QLC+ window is expanded to fit all the tabs, even when that makes the window larger than the computer screen.

The effect is to push right-side UI elements off the screen until I resize the window. This happens on Mac OS 10.10.5 and 10.11.6. I tried opening the workspace on a linux system (Debian 8.5 Jessie) and it behaves properly.

If I get a chance, I'll try this on a Windows system tomorrow.

My apologies if this has already been reported.

Thanks,
David
mlohrey

Hi David,

This has been reported a few times now.
This was a more recent thread. viewtopic.php?f=28&t=10006

There are some work arounds, which you might find useful.
1. Only select the fixtures you want to work with (in the fixtures used in this scene pane) and then click the double-folder icon (once or twice) and it will reduce the number of tabs. It took me awhile to work this out but it is very useful. You can select, say your RGB cans, and then tweak them with copying values with out the other fixtures in the way.
2. Double-clicking the mac window bar will pull the window onto the screen. It is quick and a handy tip for other apps as well!
3. Only include fixtures in your scene that you actually need. Easier said than done!

Massimo says that this issue will be addressed in QLC+ 5, according to the above thread. Viva QLC+ 5!

Cheers

Mark