some Scenes reset RGB-Values when saved

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
zarfld

Hello,

I did not find this issue so far - anyway i'm a beginner so it might be a known issue.

I have created a small Workspace to control some RGB-Stripes (using e bay 291781246183 ) in combination with some RGB-PARs (e bay 401015131304 ).
As there where no default textures, i created my own Textures for these Devices (find attached).

After That i did my Setup and used FunctionWizard to generate Basic color settings and used the generated controls in virtual console.

I'm editing on QLC+4.10.4 on Windows7x64, and use it on RaspbeerPi3 using image from '2016-03-06' it seems that this issue is reproducible on both systems.

the Problem is that at some scenes, the FixtureValues are (re)set to 0 when the QXW is being saved.

So whenever one of these Scene'sare activated (e.g. by 16ColoursChaser, or even by the control) the Fixtures are 'switched off' (RGB=0,0,0).

what i found is that this Problem occures on scenes which have one or more "Sequences" - scenes which do not have an 'sequence' also don't have this problem.

As these Squences will be added automatically if you use the scene in a "Show" i don't believe that it was intended that way.

BR
Dominik
Attachments
Generic-4Ch_RGB-PAR.qxf
(1.89 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
Kellersession_saved.qxw
File after Save - RGB-Settings are lost
(73.24 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Kellersession.qxw
Origin File where RGBValues have been corrected using Texteditor.
(72.57 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Last edited by zarfld on Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
zarfld

missed some Fixturedefinitions
Attachments
Generic-LPR1286.qxf
(3.83 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
Generic-8Ch-RGBW-Controller.qxf
(3.36 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
Generic-6Ch-RGB-Controller.qxf
(2.9 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
zarfld

i wanted to add the screenshots above - but it seems there is a limitation of 3 Files per Post right?

Before
Kellersession.qxw darkpink.png
Saved and Reopened
Kellersession_saved.qxw darkpink.png
plugz

zarfld

Thanks for the answer. :) - That would mean "Standalone Scenes" must not be used in shows. For use in Shows you have to create a CopyOfStandaloneScene before...

another way would be to
- Add a Dummy Sequence which has one Step for infiniteTime to every Scene (used in Shows and Standalone)
- adapt all Buttons and Chaser to use the Dummysequences instead of the Scene.

unfortunately both workarounds* add several lines to the qxw-Files which will sooner or later lead to perfomance problems caused by memory-usage, so i will keep using a text Comparetool to rewrite the RGBinformation on that Scenes

don't get me wrong: i accept the way it is, i still do not see a reason why it is that way. :|
Is there any advantage or at least a reason why a "Scene" needs to loose its FixtureValues when it becomes a Container for Sequences?

BR
Dominik