Possible Bug - RGB MATRIX not working when using single light with multiple Heads

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
leomozoloa

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to make the RGB matrix work with my DIY light. It's like 5 vertical panels, with 3 channels by pannel, so 15 total and it looks like this :

As you can see there are 7 lines by panel but I divided them in 3 (2+3+2)

In the fixture editor, I created two modes, one is Panel Mode, in which they are 5 "heads", one for each panel. The other is Full Control, in which there are 15 heads, one for each channel.

The thing is, if I open QLC+ and just create a 5x3 generic dimmer fixture and make a fixture group, the RGB Matrix works perfectly, but if I use my custom Fixture Definition, everything else works but the RGB Matrix. I can control each individual channel perfectly with the simple desk, everything is in order but the RGB Matrix, I can preview it perfectly but when I go for the test run nothing happens (in Panel Mode and Full Control mode)...

Could you help me? I've attached the project and the definition to this post.

Thanks in advance !
Attachments
Leo-Mozoloa-SEAS5.qxf
(5.28 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
livelights.qxw
(7.11 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
janosvitok

Hi,

there are several problems here:

- panel mode will not work since head is not supposed (now) to contain separate parts. Only one RGB or CMY head or single dimmer.
- white is not supported for RGB matrixes (now)
- you could change your definition to Color: Generic, which would make them dimmer channels, but that is not supported properly either.
I'm working on this last part, but I'm pretty tight on time lately. But there is still some hope :)

So: you have these possibilities now:

- change your 15 x White channels to 15 x dimmer channels. You will retain individual control, but all pixels will be set to either 0% or 100%.
- change your 15 x White to 5 x RGB. You will have fading, but for individual pixel control you will have to play with colors (L->R, C->G, R->B)

- this one is a bit complicated: use loopback plugin to separate only R from RGB:

You'll need three universes in QLC+ for this:
Universe 1 is the same as you have now.
patch Universe 2 input to Loopback 1
patch Universe 3 output to Loopback 1

Patch 15x generic RGB panel to Universe 3.
Create 15 VC sliders somewhere off screen, in level mode - each one will control one channel of your panel in Universe 1.
Set external control for every slider to respective R channel in Universe 2 (e.g. first - channel 0 universe 2, second - channel 3 universe 2, third - ch 6 u2, etc.

If you did it properly, then: moving slider should light the respective pixel; moving R slider in simpledesk universe 3 should light respective pixel in your panel.

Finally: Create your RGB matrixes over pixels in Universe 3 and mind that only red is passed to your panel (e.g. red, white, and yellow should give the same result).

You don't need to change the fixture definition for this (except the panel mode - you should drop it in all cases).
janosvitok

Note (also for self): the 2D view seems to be completely off: 12 big heads and 3 small ones.