Intensity channel changes despite being disabled

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
Worrab

Please bear with me - I'm still getting to grips with this wonderful QLC+ program.

I've created a simple demo with a single moving head unit using v4.10.4

I have some functions that change the light's intensity channel and some that change its position/colour etc. According to the manual a disabled channel doesn't have any effect and certainly the "change intensity" functions leave the position of the lamp unchanged. Each function is linked to a chaser step.

Unfortunately as I click through the chaser steps the "change position" or "change colour" functions reset the intensity to zero. (The "change intensity" steps don't affect the position or colour). I've checked the XML file and there is no command to change the intensity within the "change position" or "change colour" sections.

It seems that the intensity is set to zero at every step unless it's explicitly given a value within that step. Is this as designed or have I missed a setting somewhere.

Many thanks,
D
janosvitok

Look up in the glossary in the online help or in google: LTP (latest takes precedence) and HTP (highest takes precedence). In QLC+, all channels are LTP except intensity and primary colors. You can force LTP or HTP for a particular channel in the channel properties editor.
plugz

To add to what Jano said:

The "change intensity" function only runs when its step is active.

When you go the next step, the "change intensity" function stops.

As the intensity channel is HTP, it will go back to 0 if no other function changing this is running.
Worrab

Thanks folks. I changed it to LTP and it works as I'd hoped now.