[SOLVED] RGB Matrix and Chauvet Freedom Par Quad-4 Fixtures

The issues found when using the Fixture Manager panel
EBDS

Hi everyone. I am kind of stumped. I have set up RGB matrices before this time I can't get it working. I may be trying to do something that''s not possible.
I have 20 Freedom Par Quad-4 up-lights. They are RGBA and only have one logical head each although they have 4 bulbs.

I have 10 of them addressed to one DMX channel and 10 of them to another. Then I have the two fixures in a fixture group.

So QLC only sees two fixtures but actually there are twenty.

I set up an RGB matrix with the fixture group that contains the two fixtures. I set two colors and then tested using the even-odd effect. When I see the virtual display of the lights it appears to be doing what I want.

However, when I press play and watch the DMX monitor, I see it changing the dimmer channel back and forth but I don't see it setting any color channels like I do with other fixture groups that I have rgb matrices for.

I am hoping I am missing something obvious but nothing I have tried has worked.

I created the fixture definition myself. I went back and created a 10-Channel mode and then define a single head with all 10 channels assigned to it. That seemed like the correct thing to do.

Can anyone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? I want the even-odd effect with one set of lights one color and the other set another color around the room, switching back and forth.

Thanks,
Rob
plugz

Hi,

Share the fixture def, share the workspace.

Thank you.
EBDS

Here you go. Thanks for being willing to look at it.
Attachments
Chauvet-Freedom-Par-Quad-4.qxf
(4.77 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
Chauvet-EZpar-56-RGB.qxf
(3.29 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
EBDS Default.qxw
(292.91 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
EBDS

Might need this one too. I can't remember.
Attachments
Chauvet-LFS-75DMS.qxf
(2.74 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
citymariner

Does it matter that in the fixture definition that the colours are in the intensity group but labelled at 'generic' - do they need to be labelled RGB etc?
EBDS

I think that's the answer. My other lights are not set up quite that way but I just modified my fixture definition according to your suggestion and using the DMX monitor as a test (lights are not set up right now) the DMX channels are now doing what I wanted them to do.

Thank you so very much for that suggestion. Even though I have been using QLC+ for a while now and have a fairly elaborate setup (at least according to my standards), I still have a lot to learn and all of you in the forum are really helping to get me up the learning curve.

Thanks again, onward and upward to new problems LOL.

Rob
citymariner

I found this solution literally minutes before writing the post! In fact I posted a little how-to after you posted your problem.

Glad I could be of assistance!