Channel group updates doesn't show up in scene

The issues found when using the Fixture Manager panel
chrissig

I don't know, whether this is an intended behaviour or a bug. I set up some channel groups for RGB pars like in the 2nd video tutorial and used them in some scenes. Now I bought some additional pars and added them to the channel groups. Sadly they don't get includes in the scenes, that use these channel groups. :-(
I had to deselect and reselect the channel groups in each scene and set the values for each channel manually again. I thought this abstract channel group could prevent me from that. Or is there another way to work with an Abstract pool of lights?
siegmund

This is not intended to work. I discovered this some time, too, and reported it here. Then there was a discussion and an answer from Massimo in this thread.
chrissig

Thanx for the hint. I recognize, that I also completely missunderstood the (intended) concept of channel groups. I'm happy, that I'm obviously not the only one :D

I looks like the fixture-mapping-tool could be used for my approach. I need an easy way to change the fixtures for each show, based on the available house-fixtures or the size of the stage.
siegmund

Another possibility would be to use collections as another abstraction level.