fixtures Defenition not mapped any more

The issues found when using the Fixture Manager panel
funkytwig

I defined a fixture and it was working. I accidentally moved it and it stopped working, all channels are now showing up as dimmers, not what they were defined for. I tried importing the fixture and it does not work. Ive also put it back in C:\Users\Ben\QLC+\Fixtures and it still does not work. Have restarted QLC+.
GGGss

funkytwig wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:16 pm I accidentally moved it and it stopped working,
Say what?
How can a file be broken if you move it?
When your custom fixture isn't in the personal fixtures directory QLC+ cannot find it - hence it will try to look into the supplied fixture library. When you start QLC+ and it cannot find your type and make, QLC+ will throw an exception notice...

and now I'm mingled what happened in your case... (wondering if when QLC+ cannot find a fixture and you ignore the notice it will reset the fixture(s) in your project with dimmers?)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
funkytwig

I can add a new fixture of the type I defined and I get all the channels showing correctly. The existing ones just show dimmer for each channel, not the ones, such as Speed/colour, I defined. I went in and changed them from generic/Generic and it worked fine. I guess its becasue I loaded/saved workspace when the fixture was missing. I dont think there was a warning it could not find a fixture.