QLC+ 4.10.0 release

Public announcements of new QLC+ releases.

PLEASE, do not post bugs and issues here !
mcallegari

I don't even know where to start.
The last two months have been incredibly busy on GitHub and amazing features and improvements have been delivered to QLC+. We worked on a lot of the software areas, so this version is huge. We also fixed bugs that were there since ages.

For this reason I decided to write a page dedicated to QLC+ 4.10.0 to spend a few lines for some of the new features that you will find in this version. Please take your time to read it, as it includes important notes.

I would like to thank everyone who participated to finalize this version, providing fixtures, scripts, translations, input profiles and feedbacks during the "beta" stage. In particular a big thank you to Robert Box, who is now part of the QLC+ team as fixtures reviewer !
Thanks also to the BitWizard team that donated some Raspberry Pi DMX interfaces for integration and tests.
giacomo

Hi Massimo and QLC+ Team,

I just noticed this non relevant issue and I'm just posting it for other users:
the new Cue List Step Fader works for new projects, I've tried it with 3 old shows and if enabled the cue list "tends" to jump to the first step,
os Linux.
Thanks you all for this new release.
regards
sbenejam

giacomo wrote:Hi Massimo and QLC+ Team,

I just noticed this non relevant issue and I'm just posting it for other users:
the new Cue List Step Fader works for new projects, I've tried it with 3 old shows and if enabled the cue list "tends" to jump to the first step,
os Linux.
Thanks you all for this new release.
regards
Same issue detected on my Ubuntu. New project work as expected. On a test project that I created a week ago a Chaser with 4 steps worked well a few days ago. Now cuelist jump to first step. After delete one step from the chaser the chaser now have 3 steps this works as expected. With 3 or 5 steps works as expected. Deactivating step fader cuelist works too.
EDIT: See attached sample project. Cuelist with 3 and 5 steps don't fail. Cuelist with 4, 6, and 7 fails.
Attachments
steps-cuelist.qxw
(8.83 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
Last edited by sbenejam on Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alfonso castro

Macbook pro. Os 10.8.5

enttec usb pro

i always had problems whit drivers ftdi.

But in QLC 4.10 program is perfect.

Congratulations!! Massimo.
pipolino419

What incredible job?.
Congratulations and thank you
EddyC1

MacBook Pro. OS X 10.7.5 with Enttec Open DMX USB interface.

The problems with the ftdi drivers are solved. With version 4.10.0 it works like a charm :)

Thanks Massimo and team.
mcallegari

I'm glad OSX users are finally happy, however a severe regression has already been found (and fixed) in the DMX USB plugin.
It affects Linux users and OSX users using Open DMX devices. (basically everyone using libftdi)
So, sorry about that, but I need to release a new version soon.