QLC+ 4.8.5 release

Public announcements of new QLC+ releases.

PLEASE, do not post bugs and issues here !
mcallegari

And here's another load of fixes and improvements called 4.8.5.

Once again, David did an amazing job in search and destroying bugs. So kudos to him !
We gained the support for the Eurolite USB DMX512 Pro adapter thanks to Karri Kaksonen.
I also took the chance to implement the possibility to flash LTP channels.
Thanks also to everyone who shared new fixture definitions ! This release brings 50 new ones, demolishing the 500 fixtures goal that wasn't even set ! :)
To OSX users: I finally have a real Mac (yes ! A Mac Mini in all its aluminum glory :D ) so this
is the first release made with it. I bundled Qt 5.4.1 (which finally fixes ugly toolbars) and OLA 0.9.5.
If there's anything wrong with the DMG, please let me know.

Changelog:
  • Engine: it is now possible to flash LTP channels as well
  • RGB Scripts: added new "Balls" script (thanks to Tim Cullingworth)
  • Collections: forward the startup intensity to children functions (David Garyga)
  • Function Manager: fix crash // disable Add Sequence button when function selection is empty (David Garyga)
  • Fixtures Manager: improve sorting of fixtures present more than 10 times (David Garyga)
  • Fixtures Manager: disable Add RGB Panel button when going in Operate Mode (David Garyga)
  • Fixtures Manager: fix changing the universe of a fixture and associated crash in Simple Desk (Thomas Achtner)
  • Chaser Editor: fix cutting of several steps at the same time (David Garyga)
  • Chaser Editor: fix crash when trying to paste a removed function (David Garyga)
  • Virtual Console Animation: fix some crashes when changing a running Matrix (David Garyga)
  • Virtual Console Animation: fix custom control key sequence not loading (David Garyga)
  • Virtual Console Animation: fix properties of a non-running matrix not set (David Garyga)
  • Virtual Console LiveEdit: fix live editing an XYPad properties making the pad not responsive (David Garyga)
  • Show Manager: fixed rendering and playback of sequences with common duration steps
  • Show Manager: fix sequences present 2 times in Add Function selection dialog (David Garyga)
  • UI: in kiosk mode, don't show the panels tab bar
  • Engine: correctly stop videos on Linux
  • Engine: added video Single Shot and Loop playback modes
  • Engine: preserve audio and video function names given by the user
  • Plugins/DMXUSB: Added support for Eurolite USB DMX512 Pro adapter - Linux only (thanks to Karri Kaksonen)
  • Plugins/EnttecWing: using feedbacks to sync widget values and Playback Wing sliders (thanks to offtools)
  • Fixture Remap: fixed remapping of widgets into nested frames
  • New fixtures: Martin Roboscan Pro 918, American DJ Inno Spot Pro, Clay Paky Stage Color 300 AE (thanks to Thierry Rodolfo)
  • New fixtures: Martin Mac 350 Entour, Martin Acrobat, Martin Rush MH1 Profile, Starway Minikolor, Starway MaxKolor 18 (thanks to Thierry Rodolfo)
  • New fixtures: Clay Paky CP Color 400, Clay Paky Tornado, Clay Paky Mythos, Starway EventKolor (thanks to Thierry Rodolfo)
  • New fixtures: Clay Paky: Stormy, Stormy CC, Show Batten 100, Pin Scan (thanks to Thierry Rodolfo)
  • New fixtures: Vari-Lite VL3500 Spot, Vari-Lite VL3000 Spot, Vari-Lite VL3000 Wash (thanks to Thierry Rodolfo)
  • New fixtures: ADB ACL4, Clay Paky SuperSharpy, Clay Paky A.leda-B-EYE K10-Easy/K10/K20, Laserworld RS400G (thanks to Thierry Rodolfo)
  • New fixture: Eurolite LED Flood Light 252 RGB 19° (thanks to Karri Kaksonen)
  • New fixture: Chauvet Wash FX (thanks to Robert Box)
  • New fixtures: Stairville Octagon Theater, Eurolite LED TMH-9 (thanks to Arnardo)
  • New fixtures: American DJ Monster Fun, American DJ Mega PAR profile, Chauvet SlimPAR64 RGBA, Chauvet SlimPAR 38 (thanks to 007ghg7)
  • New fixture: Chauvet COLORdash Accent RGBW (thanks to Ray Mercer)
  • New fixtures: Cameo LED RGB PAR56-9x3W, Cameo LED RGB PAR64-18x3W, Cameo LED RGB PAR64-18x8W (thanks to vag)
  • New fixture: American DJ ECO UV BAR DMX, Eurolite LED Strobe PRO DMX, JB Systems Dynamo 250 (thanks to Rob G.)
  • New fixture: Kam KMH Series (thanks to Scott McKinney)
  • New fixtures: American DJ UVLed Bar 16 and 20, Dune Lighting Fireworks Pro-II, Chauvet Scorpion Storm FX RGB (thanks to Frédéric Combe)
  • New fixtures: JB-Systems COB-Plano, American DJ UV COB Cannon (thanks to Frédéric Combe)
  • New Fixtures: Showtec LED Light Bar 8 (thanks to Adrian Kapka), Futurelight Genesis 575 (thanks to Dag Stenstad)
  • New fixture: Showtec XB-Wave (thanks to webdb22)
sbenejam

I just downloaded the two .deb packages am64 and i386 version and it don't install I get some errors runing dpkg. See attached file.
My system is Ubuntu 14.04 I tried to install qlcplus 4.8.4 version and installed correctly.
Attachments
Error-qlcplus.txt
(1.88 KiB) Downloaded 350 times
mcallegari

sbenejam wrote:I just downloaded the two .deb packages am64 and i386 version and it don't install I get some errors runing dpkg. See attached file.
My system is Ubuntu 14.04 I tried to install qlcplus 4.8.4 version and installed correctly.
Hi Santiago.
Downloaded from qlcplus.org or from Sourceforge ?
Can you please report the size of the files in bytes ?
Thanks
sbenejam

mcallegari wrote:
sbenejam wrote:I just downloaded the two .deb packages am64 and i386 version and it don't install I get some errors runing dpkg. See attached file.
Hi Santiago.
Downloaded from qlcplus.org or from Sourceforge ?
Can you please report the size of the files in bytes ?
Thanks
Downloading with wget or from Sourceforge works. Donwloading from qlcplus.org Firefox seems that the downloaded has 7.8 MB size but an ls informs that something don't work.

sbenejam@ponent:~$ ls -la Downloads/qlcplus_4.8.5_amd64*
-rw-rw-r-- 1 sbenejam sbenejam 8215166 abr 13 20:36 Downloads/qlcplus_4.8.5_amd64(1).deb <--- Downloaded with wget
-rw-rw-r-- 1 sbenejam sbenejam 8215166 abr 13 20:41 Downloads/qlcplus_4.8.5_amd64(2).deb <--- Downloaded from Sourceforge
-rw-rw-r-- 1 sbenejam sbenejam 1959055 abr 13 21:16 Downloads/qlcplus_4.8.5_amd64(3).deb <--- Another download from new site
-rw-rw-r-- 1 sbenejam sbenejam 534095 abr 13 19:46 Downloads/qlcplus_4.8.5_amd64.deb <--- First download from qlcplus.org
sbenejam@ponent:~$
sbenejam

I'm downloading now with wget. I downloaded the files from qlcplus.org. I just deleted the files downloaded early.
Just installed amd64 deb downloaded with wget and installs fine. Downloading with wget the connection/download restarted three times.
mcallegari

sbenejam wrote:I'm downloading now with wget. I downloaded the files from qlcplus.org. I just deleted the files downloaded early.
Just installed amd64 deb downloaded with wget and installs fine. Downloading with wget the connection/download restarted three times.
Too bad :cry:
I just tried to download the amd64 deb with Chrome and I got it right. Might be a case...
I'll report your case to the hosting provider too.
I really hope they're gonna fix these server connection drops otherwise I've done this whole thing for nothing :(
Mysteryland

mcallegari wrote:I really hope they're gonna fix these server connection drops otherwise I've done this whole thing for nothing :(
Not for nothing. It was a very big step to "liberate" Forum and Website from SF :!: . Migrating Forum and Website to another Provider which offer stabler hosting for PHP, MySQL and so on should be easier.

What is about the way to offer the downloads via GitHUB, i think another great open source project like openHAB http://www.openhab.org/downloads.html does :?:
mcallegari

Mysteryland wrote:
mcallegari wrote:I really hope they're gonna fix these server connection drops otherwise I've done this whole thing for nothing :(
Not for nothing. It was a very big step to "liberate" Forum and Website from SF :!: . Migrating Forum and Website to another Provider which offer stabler hosting for PHP, MySQL and so on should be easier.

What is about the way to offer the downloads via GitHUB, i think another great open source project like openHAB http://www.openhab.org/downloads.html does :?:
I guess it would be easier cause migrating from phpBB to another phpBB is a piece of cake....BUT...my knees tremble at the sole thought of moving 450MB elsewhere...again.
This is not a random free hosting. I paid for a premium service and it's supposed to behave like premium ! Period.

As for GH and openHAB I don't like the idea to have files all around. The idea is to have everything in one place. The side effect is that if one server is down, everything is unreachable. :roll: