QLC+ 4.8.4 release

Public announcements of new QLC+ releases.

PLEASE, do not post bugs and issues here !
Massimo Callegari

The fourth maintenance release of QLC+ is here. It brings several fixes and improvements to the existing functionalities, plus a couple of new things.
There is a new plugin called 'loopback' for internal routing of signals within QLC+.
We've had the contribution of new RGB Matrix scripts and a MIDI template, as well as another lot of new fixtures. Thanks guys for that !

In the tutorials page there is a new tutorial that explains how to connect the excellent Mixxx to QLC+.Thanks to Markus Baertschi.

It would be nice to have more of them for different DAWs. I've seen people in the forum using Ableton and Sonar, maybe they can share their experience with the community ?

Changelog:

* RGB Matrix Editor: fixed conversion to a Sequence
* Scene Editor: fix preview in non-tabbed mode (David Garyga)
* Fixture Editor: added UV primary color (Jano Svitok)
* MIDI templates: added APC mini sysex template (thanks to Joep Admiraal)
* Experimental Loopback plugin (see docs, Jano Svitok)
* Monitor: save both DMX view and 2D view settings (only current mode settings were saved, Jano Svitok)
* RGB Scripts: added new Plasma script and added 'radial' orientation to Gradient (thanks to Tim Cullingworth)
* Virtual Console: Frame: allow pages circular scrolling (David Garyga)
* Virtual Console: Frame: Increased the maximum number of pages to 100
* Virtual Console: Fix issues with cut-paste from one frame to another (David Garyga)
* Virtual Console: Solo Frame: Fix regression: frame inside a solo frame not working (David Garyga)
* Monitor: show color of color filters and shutter state (so far only RGB/CMY channels where shown, Jano Svitok)
* Input Profile editor: fix off-by-one for MIDI note numbers (72 is C5, Jano Svitok, spotted by Markus Baertschi)
* Input: fix input received several times in a row after changing input profile (David Garyga)
* Fix opening files outside of QLC+ install dir in Windows (Jano Svitok)
* Plugins/ArtNet: fixed input from non-contiguous universes
* Plugins/ArtNet: enabled local address to communicate with other softwares running on the same computer
* Webaccess: fixed CSS/JS loading on OSX (4.8.2 regression)
* Webaccess: deny the favicon, so the interface doesn't get unresponsive after a while
* New fixture: Robe Pointe (thanks to Moehritz)
* New fixture: Ledj Performer 18 RGBWA (thanks to Michael Clements)
* New fixtures: Stairville DJ Lase GR-160 RGY MKII, Stairville Hz-200 DMX (thanks to Hadley Denton)
* New fixture: lightMaxx Complete PAR56 9x12W RGBAWUV (thanks to Marco Palmisano)
* New fixtures: Briteq BTX-180L, Martin Mac Viper Wash DX, Martin Mac Viper Performance (thanks to Thierry Rodolfo)
* New fixtures: Blizzard Hotbox EXA, Blizzard Hotbox RGBAW, Blizzard Hotbox RGBW, Blizzard Puck RGBAW (thanks to Dough Esselburn)
* New fixture: Varytec LED Laser 4 (thanks to Heiko Fanieng)
* New fixture: Chauvet Hive (thanks to Vic)
* New fixture: Studio Due Shark 150C (thanks to Dean Clough)
* New fixture: American DJ Dotz Par (thanks to Zeph)
* New fixture: Img Stage Line PARL-4Set (thanks to Mitsch)
* New fixture: Varytec Thunderscan FX, Pro-Lights GoboMix (thanks to Dag Stenstad)
* New fixture: Chauvet Omega I DMX-155 (thanks to Tom Moeller)
* New fixture: Eurolite LED SCY-100 RGBW DMX (thanks to Kithaeron)
* New fixture: Chauvet Q-Wash 560Z LED (thanks to Connor Faulder)
* New fixtures: JB Systems Plano Spot 7TC, JB Systems Plano Spot LED (thanks to Robin Davis)
Massimo Callegari

I will send an email to the Raspberry Pi users shortly.
Please make sure it doesn't go in your spam folder (especially hotmail users)

If you don't receive it within today, please contact me.
RODOLFO

Thank you all for the great work accomplished
Massimo Callegari

**Two additional notes**:

1) The OSX bundle was missing the new loopback plugin. I've fixed it and uploaded a new file called QLC+_4.8.4a.dmg

2) The introduction of the ArtNet loopback interface, shifted all the other interfaces down by 1. So if your projects are using ArtNet input lines, you need to update them and re-select the correct input line (e.g. if you were using line 2, now it is line 3)

Sorry about these last minute changes.
Rob Nieuwenhuizen

Nice work indeed!

I miss the Ball RGB script from Tim. Maybe I'm the only one who has played with it?

Maybe for the next release, is there an possibility for more universes?

Keep up the good work!
Jano Svitok

You can add as many universes as you need (use the big red + button in the input/output tab)
Massimo Callegari

More universes ? You can already have an arbitrary number of them. Maybe you're missing the "add universe" button in the Input/Output panel ?

Balls script: sorry, totally missed it. I haven't been following the forum so much lately. I'll review and add it for the next release.
Rob Nieuwenhuizen

My bad, I added some universes to an existing project but it was saying 1, 2...

created an new project and then the universes continued witch 5, 6...
Problem solved ;)