400 Fixture definitions goal

Public announcements of new QLC+ releases.

PLEASE, do not post bugs and issues here !
Massimo Callegari

Guys, I'm sorry but I can't set up a repository for work in progress fixtures.
At least I don't have enough time to follow it.

It seems to me that right now the work in progress area is this forum and it works kinda OK.

If any of you want to take the responsibility to administrate it (for a long term period), then it's OK for me.
For example I see Boxy is quite active on fixtures. If he has enough time I can create a repository and give him administration rights.
Obviously to work on Github there's a minimum requirement of knowledge of the GIT versioning system.

@Boxy...only 6 to go !! :)
Boxy

I can have a go.

Any versioning system has to better than our work one so I will look into GIT shortly.
Janosch Frank

I would be happy to help Boxy, e.g. by checking and commenting.
When the fixtures are (pre)checked by others Massimo could save a lot of time around here.

There is just one problem, people that want to submit fixtures but are not familiar with GIT...
Massimo Callegari

Thanks Janosch. Yes, Github is a very powerful tool to work in team, but as I said it requires some preliminary skills.
That's why I believe the forum posting is still the most accessible way for everyone.
Unfortunately I am not aware of any other system that allows to work in team on some online files. If anybody knows some, I'd be glad to look into them.
Charles

I think a side repository of fixtures it doesn't make sense to bundle with the release makes sense but, doing something similar with work, I'd agree that a forum + gatekeeper systems is the best way to do the first step.

Having a small team of "gatekeepers" keeps a level of consistency of approach which those of us building fixture defs to get lights working might not have a visibility of.
Boxy

My Ingress responsibilities mean I can't look deeper until later today. I agree with all the above though so could try something without screwing up what's already there.
Massimo Callegari

** !!! Goal reached !!!**

There are 403 fixtures online now ! Thanks a whole lot to everyone !