QLC+ on The Raspberry Pi - Tech preview

Public announcements of new QLC+ releases.

PLEASE, do not post bugs and issues here !
Massimo Callegari

After months of work I am proud to share with you the first results I've been able to get with QLC+ on a Raspberry Pi.
Here's a video showing some of the nice things you can do with it:
http://youtu.be/ch0sNUbO9lo

**This is a technological preview, so it means the software is not ready yet to be released or published. There isn't a release date planned either.**

In this preview, QLC+ is controlling more than 800 DMX channels, a DMX USB adapter and a SPI interface connected to a 16x16 home made RGB panel. It is also receiving commands from a MIDI USB controller and via WiFi through OSC.
A lot more can be done and I'm sure there's still space for optimizations and improvements, but they obviously take time.

If you are interested in the RGB panel, please contact me on my private email address.

Enjoy !
Alessandro Grechi

Well done Massimo! :)
I followed your work in last months and I'm very excited to see these results (both on Raspberry side and RGB panel, which looks VERY nice!)

Can't wait to test it on my own Pi !

Thank you!
Aurélien

Yep, that's nice.
I've finally managed to build and install QLC+ on the RPI, and now I'm beginning to work with.
I have some questions:
- I suppose you don't have any GUI in the video, is there an option to build QLC+ without GUI?
- I try to control scenes with OSC messages, and I do observe this behaviour: when I toggle a scene for the first time (by sending an OSC message), there is a latency (not very big, but enough to be seen), every next time I will stop or start this scene by the very same message, I won't see any latency. I don't have this behaviour on my other machine. What do you think about it?

Thanks a lot.

Aurélien