QLC+ 4.10.4 release

Public announcements of new QLC+ releases.

PLEASE, do not post bugs and issues here !
mcallegari

QLC+ 4.10.4 is a bugfix release that aims to resolve a few issues and regressions reported by users during the last months.

As usual though, this version brings also important news regarding specific areas:
  • I have introduced a real pause state of QLC+ Functions. This state can be accessed from Virtual Console Cue Lists and from the Show Manager.
    A Cue List now has 2 separate buttons for playback: Play/Pause and Stop.
    When pausing, lights will stay on, and "frozen" exactly where they were, even during a fade in transition. This breaks backward compatibility with external control mapping, cause now you have to map 2 different controls, so you are strongly invited to review your project if you intend to use this version.
    On the other hand I hope the benefit is clear: this distinction gives maximum flexibility of control of a Cue List/Chaser playback, especially for theatre usage cases.
  • With the LED color feedback in mind, I finally implemented global custom feedbacks that can be defined just once in an input profile. They can always be overridden from every VC widget, like before.
  • Again, for flexibility, I decided to split MIDI beat clock start and stop events, so if you're using such feature, please double check your project.
Now a few deployment updates:
  • Every Linux build now includes the OLA plugin, but OLA is not a hard dependency of the package. The plugin will be listed in the IO manager only if OLA is actually installed in the system.
  • Windows builds now include Qt 5.6.0 built by me, without ICU libraries. The final package size has been reduced by 700Kb.
  • Mac OSX bundles include Qt 5.6.0 as well, the vanilla version
  • The Raspberry Pi image has been ported to Debian Jessie ! This is a huge step forward and the boot time is lighting fast: 12 seconds on a Raspberry Pi 3 !
    Notification emails will be sent later today.
Changelog:
  • Scripts: Fix 4.10.3a regression that breaks values parsing (David Garyga)
  • Engine: fix relative paths when opening a project from the command line
  • Engine: improved the start/stop mechanism of Functions within a Show
  • Chaser Editor: a newly created step is now selected automatically
  • Scene Editor: fixed the tab order of the fixtures
  • Show Manager: added the possibility to pause a Show leaving the lights on
  • Show Manager/Audio: allow to display the waveform preview while playing a file
  • UI/Function Selection: fix crash on workspaces where a scene ID is bigger than its sequence ID (David Garyga)
  • UI/Video: fixed the fullscreen positioning on Windows
  • Virtual Console/Animation: fix behavior issue when changing the associated function (David Garyga)
  • Virtual Console/Frames: send feedbacks for the enable button
  • Virtual Console/Frames: fix 4.10.3 regression causing frames to resize after configuration
  • Virtual Console/Cue List: playback can now be paused and resumed (see documentation)
  • Virtual Console/Cue List: added a dedicated stop button, with external controls
  • Virtual Console/XYPad: fixed computation of reversed fixture position (Luca Ugolini)
  • Plugins/OSC: fixed regression of receiving data from the wrong interface (David Garyga)
  • Plugins/OSC: fixed regression causing not receiving data anymore when changing the input profile (David Garyga)
  • Plugins/MIDI: distinguish MIDI beat clock start and stop (see documentation)
  • Input Profiles Editor: it is now possible to define button custom feedbacks in a profile (see documentation)
  • New input profile: Novation Launchpad Pro (thanks to David Giardi)
  • New RGB script: Balls (color) (thanks to Rob Nieuwenhuizen)
  • Fixture updated: Starway MaxKolor-18 (thanks to Thierry Rodolfo and Robert Box)
  • Fixture updated: Cameo LED RGBW PAR64 18x8W (thanks to Lukas)
  • New fixture: American DJ Mega QA Par38 (thanks to Nathan Durnan)
  • New fixture: Martin MAC 250 Wash (thanks to Robert Box)
  • New fixture: Luxibel LX161 (thanks to Freddy Hoogstoel)
  • New fixture: Stairville MH-X60th LED Spot (thanks to Jasper Zevering)
  • New fixture: Cameo CLHB400RGBW (thanks to Mihai Andrei)
  • New fixture: Showlite Flood Light Panel 144x10mm LED RGBW (thanks to Ex)
  • New fixture: Color Imagination LedSpot 90 (SI-052), Robe Spot 575 XT (thanks to DJ Ladonin)
  • New fixture: Chauvet Mini Kinta (thanks to Jonathan Wilson)
  • New fixture: Eurolite LED ML-56 QCL RGBW-RGBA 18x8W (thanks to Matthijs ten Berge)
  • New fixture: High End Systems TechnoSpot (thanks to Tom Moeller)
  • New fixtures: American DJ Inno Pocket Spot Twins, Fog Fury 3000 WiFly, Event Bar Pro (thanks to MaBonzo)
  • New fixtures: American DJ Galaxian Gem IR, Vizi Roller Beam 2R (thanks to MaBonzo)
  • New fixture: Ayra ERO 506 (thanks to Bert Heikamp)
  • New fixture: Ayrton Arcaline 100 RGB, Martin Magnum Hazer (thanks to Thierry Rodolfo)
  • New fixtures: American DJ Asteroid 1200, Eurolite GKF-60, Eurolite LED FE-700 (thanks to Flox Garden)
  • New fixtures: Antari X-310 Pro Fazer, lightmaXX CLS-2 (thanks to Flox Garden)
  • New fixture: Beamz MHL90 Wash 5x18W RGBAW-UV (thanks to Hans Erik Tjelum)
  • New fixture: PR Lighting Pilot 150 (thanks to David Read)
  • New fixture: lightmaXX Platinum CLS-1 (thanks to Marc Geonet)
luca

Hi Massimo,

on my 2 pc (windows 7 and windows 10) the application don't start. I recive 2 errors .
error2.jpg
error1.jpg
You have any suggestions ?

Luca
mcallegari

I double checked and the Windows package seems to be including the correct DLLs.
If no one else is having your same issue, then most likely you downloaded a corrupted package. You might try to re-download it.

[EDIT] Otherwise, please add the DLL in the attached zip file and let me know if it solves the issue for you
Attachments
libstdc++-6.dll.zip
(424.83 KiB) Downloaded 340 times
janosvitok

I've downloaded and started QLC+ 4.10.4 and it works fine (both upgrade from 4.10.3a and clean install; W7 64). Note that the machine is dev machine, with QT dev environment etc.

Did you do clean install or upgrade?

The first screenshot looks like access violation. Second looks like Platfoms/qwindows.dll is missing for some reason.

Luca, do you have "platforms" dir in your QLC+ installation with qwindows.dll?
luca

I tried with the dll without any results .
I have Qt 5.5.1 on my laptop and home pc. Now I try to remove QT on my Home Pc.
I switched from version 4.10.3a. I remove the old version and install the new.
Now whitout Qt on my pc I have the same result.
Luca
mcallegari

Anyone else having issues with the Windows package ?

@Luca: have you ever attempted to build QLC+ on Windows ? You might have an old version of MSYS2 which is causing conflicts with the up-to-date QLC+ DLLs
titigab

Just installed 4.10.4 on W10 x64. (update from 4.10.3)
Run well.
yokosuna

me too, no problems so far...
andres robles

i installed on ubuntustudio 15.04, perfect work.
luca

Hi,
i complile qlc in the past. I thinks the problem,as you suggested, is the no update version of MSYS2 . Now I update on my home pc and qlc work fine. On the laptop I have the old version and QLC 4.10.4 don't work. I try to update on laptop and I tell you the result.

Thk

Luca
luca

Hi,

After update MSYS2 work fine on my laptop. I use for update your guide on https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/w ... -Build-Qt5 .

Thank you very much for your help!
work.jpg