QLC+ 4.11.1 release

Public announcements of new QLC+ releases.

PLEASE, do not post bugs and issues here !
mcallegari

QLC+ version 4.11.1 is now available for download.
Even though this is a patch version, it includes some important changes:
  • Finally we have web access authentication thanks to a user contribution ! Check the documentation for details. (Note: on the RPi image this feature is enabled by default)
  • When a Function attached to a Virtual Console Button is activated from another widget, the Button border will turn to orange, to indicate it's in "monitoring" state and not actually controlling the Function
  • By double clicking on a context tab (the ones at the bottom of the QLC+ window), it is now possible to detach them to a separate window
  • Qt libraries version bundled in Windows and macOS packages reverted to 5.6.2 LTS to work on older OSes. However, PLEASE consider upgrading your systems, cause QLC+ 5 will be more demanding (e.g. Windows 7+, macOS 10.10+)
Thanks to everyone involved in this version !

Changelog:
  • engine: fixed audio files detection by prioritizing sndfile over mad
  • engine: fixed HTP/LTP forced channels not set correctly
  • engine: keep track of input/output device lines even if they are disconnected
  • engine/Script: add blackout:on and blackout:off commands (Jano Svitok)
  • engine/Script: do not keep empty trailing lines when saving a workspace
  • UI: it is now possible to detach a QLC+ context tab on a separate window by double clicking on it
  • UI/RGB Panel: added RBG pixel type (thanks to Peter Marks)
  • UI/Remap: fixed RGB Panels remapping
  • UI/Input Output Manager: added a button to enable/disable USB hotplugging (disabled by default)
  • UI/Function Live Edit: restore basic live editing of Sequences
  • UI/RGB Matrix Editor: fixed save to Sequence feature
  • UI/Function Manager: when cloning a Sequence, clone the bound Scene too
  • Virtual Console/Button: highlight border with orange color when in "monitoring" state
  • Virtual Console/Slider: fix DMX values not updated when interacting with the mouse wheel, keyboard or Click And Go button
  • Virtual Console/Slider: fix level mode values range scaling
  • Virtual Console/XYPad: the speed of a running EFX preset can now be controlled by a Speed Dial widget
  • RGB Scripts: added "Noise", "3D Starfield", "Random pixel per row" and "Random pixel per row multicolor" (thanks to Doug Puckett)
  • Web access: added basic authentication support (thanks to Bartosz Grabias)
  • Web access: fixed solo frames collapse state
  • Web access: update feedbacks when a slider is moved
  • New fixtures: IMG Stageline BEAM-40 WS/RGBW, Fun-Generation LED Diamond Dome (thanks to Tolmino Muccitelli)
  • New fixture: Elation Cuepix Batten (thanks to Saul Vielmetti)
  • New fixture: Clay Paky Tiger Scan HMI 575/1200 (thanks to Daris Tomasoni)
  • New fixture: Litecraft WashX.21 (thanks to Hannes Braun)
  • New fixtures: Briteq Stagepainter 12, Nicols IP Wash 120, Showtec LED Powerline 16 Bar (thanks to Fredje Gallon)
  • New fixtures: Nicols Movelight, Nicols Birdy Wash 122, Briteq Giga Flash RGB (thanks to Fredje Gallon)
  • New fixtures: Litecraft PowerBar AT10.sx, Stairville MH-z1915 (thanks to Thorben / Fredje)
  • New fixtures: Martin MAC 700 Wash, ADB Warp M (thanks to Thorben)
  • New fixture: Laserworld CS-1000RGB Mk II (thanks to Piotr Nowik)
  • New fixture: Chauvet COLORrail IRC (thanks to Lane Parsons)
  • New fixtures: American DJ COB Cannon Wash DW, lightmaXX Vega Zoom Wash Beam (thanks to Florian Gerstenlauer)
  • New fixture: Martin Rush MH5 Profile (thanks to Falko)
  • New fixture: Cameo Flash Bar 150 (thanks to Kevin Wimmer)
  • New fixtures: Chauvet FXpar 9, IMG Stageline Wash-40 LED (thanks to PeterK)
  • New fixtures: JB Systems iRock 5C, JB Systems LED Devil (thanks to Andres Robles)
  • New fixtures: beamZ BAC406, Geni Mojo Color Moc (thanks to Mark Sy)
  • New fixtures: Stairville MH-250 S, Chauvet GigBAR 2, Pro-Lights Onyx (thanks to Freasy)
  • New fixtures: Coemar ProSpot 250 LX, Showtec Kanjo Spot 60 (thanks to Flo Edelmann)
Herewith

Nice, but....

1. Slider inverter don't work on midi input.
2. Single shot -> bakward still don't working.
3. If you trying to edit sequence and some fixtures are missing ( deleted ) than program just crash.

I think:

Realy by nice to hawe only click&go.
By nice to hawe one more frame with efx by fixture group. Like you select moving EFX, that you can disable some group's of your fixtures.
Remap fixture is to hard whith big size stage. Realy need something to copy more that one fixture... sometimes you using everything except of your wash in example...

Some info about where i'm using your program:
I'm working on 3 Univers, ~30x led's, 16x zoom wash, 8x beams, 8x spots, 4x moving beam bars, 4x matrix blinders, some led brick's, old blinders and etc... When i finish my console i will send some photos ( but now waiting qtc+5 for dual screen :D ) ;)
ethanm3

LOVE the new window option! Great idea, fantastic feature that will improve workflow considerably! Have you considered a shortcut key for switching between windows (like Alt-Tab)? Expanding on that question - are there keyboard shortcuts I am not aware of, or are there ways I can make my own keyboard shortcuts? I am not skilled in coding, so maybe this should go into feature requests...

Either way, thanks for adding the window feature!

Ethan
Ethan Moses
Founder / Manager
Savory Lighting Design
www.savorylights.com
ethanm3

Another piece of feedback on the new windows function: when splitting windows, the button to switch to Operate Mode only stays on the original window. That means that if I have the VC window separated, I have to go back to the original window to toggle Operate/Design modes. When I'm using a separated window for VC, the Ctrl+F12 shortcut does not work, I need to have the main window selected.

My workaround is to just always have the VC window be the main window, so I have access to the Operate/Design Mode toggle where it's most useful. Also, this is nice because the VC tab is resizable while some others are not (when they are the main window).

Thanks still for a great function!
Ethan Moses
Founder / Manager
Savory Lighting Design
www.savorylights.com
Trubadix

Great Update! Thank you so much for your work!
The ability to split the windows is awesome! but.. would it be possible, to double some windows, especially the workspace.. would be great, to have the same workspace on two seperate screens and enlarge it so much, that its possible, to show different content through scrolling in the specific area.
i know, the webinterface is a possebility, but things like the tap button doesnt work there and i like easy and safe ways, to guarantee a low ping
and stabile workflow

thanks!
serenss

Herewith wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:51 pm Remap fixture is to hard whith big size stage. Realy need something to copy more that one fixture... sometimes you using everything except of your wash in example...
Can very much relate to this. I'm touring with about 75% of the show using our own fixtures. Cloning all this line-by-line is time consuming when I only need to remap a few in-house fixtures.
matthijskooijman

[*] UI/Input Output Manager: added a button to enable/disable USB hotplugging (disabled by default)
Is there any compelling reason for this change of default? Before this release, USB hotplugging had not setting (not even in the config file) and was thus always enabled. Now, there is a toggle, but the default also changed to disabled. Without USB hotplugging, you also lose automatic reconnecting to an USB device when the connection fails intermittently, which I would consider problematic during a performance (if the connection fails, you want to be up and running as fast as possible again, without having to uncheck and check the output in the I/O tab).
LightingPanda

Is there any mobile (iOS, Android) support for QLC at this time? Or do you know of a mobile light controller that I can use on a tablet?
siegmund

You could run an instance of QLC+ on a PC and remote control it with your tablet. This is possible in various ways, for example by the QLC+ web interface or OSC messages.
LightingPanda

Hi! I am having trouble finding where the button attributes are on my Macbook pro running OS High Sierra. My friend has a Windows computer, and he has button attributes on his lighting board. I mainly want to adjust color button intensities.
Xementhal

I did have SEQUENCES working Fine in 41.11.0 Then i install 41.11.1 and some SEQUENCES CRASH and others don´t. I can´t DELETE the bad SEQUENCES because when i select them CRASH the program.

Any solution?
yokosuna

You can alter the qlc files by hand in an editor. search an delete the parts that makes trouble.
GGGss

Above solution is HIGHLY UNRECOMMENDED
Changing the qlc-file manually can break your project.
Make backups first and aproach very carefully (!)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore