Simple Desk - Faders: Add secondary indicators for program value vs. manual value

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
nedmech

Here's my use case and thought process:

I normally have all my scenes/collections pre-programed and running from a Chaser/Cue List. Occasionally, I may need to override a channel setting from the Cue List step by going into the Simple Desk and manually setting a channel value. When I move to the next step in the Cue List, that override is still active, and I would like to be able to manually cross-fade that override back to the value in use in the active Chaser step. But I currently have no indication what that value should be without going back into the Function tab and looking it up (not very convenient during a live event).

What I'm proposing is adding a secondary indicator (either graphical or numeric) to a manually overridden Fader on the Simple Desk to show where the program would have set the channel if it wasn't manually overridden. That way, I can manually match the override to the program value smoothly and gradually before cancelling the override and the audience shouldn't see any sudden change. Graphically, it could possibly be a small triangle placed on the Fader where the program command would place the slider, or numerically, it could be an additional number field above or below the existing field.

Just a random thought I had in the shower this morning, so I thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone else had a similar thought or use case.
bleurose

I think an even better idea (which came up a lot recently on a show I just finished, The Boy From Oz in SF), would be the ability to use the Simple Desk to change a level but NOT to "hold" the level. Currently there are two modes:

1. The current level is displayed in Simple Desk that is generated from the Virtual Console status (or other status)
2. The "red" mode where the overridden level is "held" and can only be released by clicking either the single channel reset or the universe reset button

The option I propose is to have a third mode in which you override the current channel level but do NOT "hold" it. Maybe when you override, the "hold" is placed but there is a second "reset" that turns off the "hold" but does NOT change the level (i.e., doesn't restore it to the programmed level). Then on the next cue change, the level would move to the next level change. If the next cue doesn't change the level of that channel it should stay at the preprogrammed level.

A fourth option would be a "non-tracking non-hold mode" where the next cue change would return it to the previous level if the next cue has no level set for that channel.

All of these options would be useful to me.