sugest for chaser improvement

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
Patfrwar

hi
I use qlc+ for some PAR LED, 8 moving head and some disco effects for party
so i make many presset to change light effect during the songs .
and i have some ideas for the chaser function to be easy to use
i have 5 points to explain :ugeek:
sugest_for_chaser.jpg
1) identify the type of function in the chase
Today in chase, we add diferent function but we can't identify them so if we come back to change a chaser long time after, it's dificult to remember if it's a scene or an efx or other so if we have the icon of function in front of each step it's easyer to use.

2) edit the step function if i click twice on it
For example a step is using a collection , it's would be good if when we click twice on it the Collection Editor appear

3) adding the possiility to wait for the end of execution of a step in the chase
If a step of a chase is made by an other chase or a collection including chase i hope to have a checkbox for waiting time of the execution of this step before going to n nest one

4) coming back to the previous dmx values of a scene after the end of this "scene step"
For example if the purpose of the chase is to change color of many PAR one after the other with a backgroud colour of the other PAR in this chase, having a checkbox to keep in memory the dmx value of the scene value bifore running the chase step, and restore it at the end of this step would be appreciate

5) choose the step to start the loop and how many loop we want to make
In the loop of a chase two new parameter wanted
the first: For exemple some time at the bigining of a chase we put Step to initialize the state of the fixture and after we run step of annimation today with loop we restart from the bigining so we initialize the state of the fixture an other time, it's not aulways needed. So an entry field where we enter the number of the step that we chose for starting the loop could help.
the second: An other entry field where we could enter the number of time of the execution of this chase.

I hope my little reflection will draw your attention and that some parties will point to future developments ;) ;)

Regards
bleurose

All of these are great ideas. In addition, it would be great if you could directly "blind edit" a step from the cue list in the Virtual Console. It is so time consuming (and error prone) to use the blind edit mode, have to find the scene or collection or EFX in the long list in order to edit a step, when the step itself is known inside the chaser of the cue list.

So if you are in the virtual console and running cues, you should be able to double click or check off a step and then blind edit and go right to that step. That would be a HUGE time saver, especially when adjusting a show "live".
janosvitok

#1 is in git. Check next version.