Speed dial option: Do not update speed dial time on manual tap or audio trigger

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
Manni

First: Many thanks for your work on QLC+ 4.x, which i'm using for a year now.
I really appreciate!! :)

Situation:
Most of my chasers a controlled by a single speed dial widget.
The tap can be done manually or by an external tap trigger (e.g. audio trigger).
When tap is triggered manually or by external trigger, then the next chaser step is immediately shown (although the speed dial time has not been reached)
Concurrently the speed dial time is updated to a time between the last tap and the current tap.

Request:
(A) Add option to speed dial widget to switch ON/OFF the update of speed dial time, when external trigger is received.
Keep functionality to go to next chaser step on external trigger (audio trigger)

- OR (may be) -

(B) Add options to speed dial widget to switch off the update of speed dial time, when a manual tap or external trigger is received.
Keep functionality to go to next chaser step on manual tap or external trigger (audio trigger)

Motivation / Use Case:
(A) Trigger chasers by audio trigger (and avoid audio trigger + chaser + cue list approach)
e.g. i intend to trigger chases and other functions on bass drum kicko
(B) Additional taps (chaser steps) are possible in speed dial widget without changing the choosen speed dial time

Thanks in advance.
Manni
mcallegari

I think if you place a speed dial inside a (normal) frame and disable the frame, it shouldn't receive external triggers anymore.
Or at least that's what I would expect from it.

Can you try that ?
Manni

Thanks for the quick feedback!
Indeed the reception of the audio trigger file is disabled...

I've intended a different behaviour:
Each time an audio trigger comes in (e.g. from a bass drum), the chasers (connected via speed dial) should step one step forward.
(The audio trigger-cue list solution does this, but this solution is not very handy in case of 50 or 100 different chasers and other controlled functions.)

So my idea:
Speed dial itself (triggered by audio trigger) actually steps to the next step, when an audio triggers comes in. This is, what i want.
I do not want, that speed dial time is re-calculated in case of an audio trigger.
My proposed additional option should tell the speed dial not to re-calculate the previously set speed dial time, when an audio trigger comes in.

In this case the speed dial would step the chaser in ryhthm of the audio trigger (e.g. bass drum) and the programmed speed dial time (e.g. 10 minutes) is not relevant anymore.

(This functionality is one of the base functionalities found in simple light consoles e.g. chasers triggered by audio in the Behringer LC2412)
siegmund

Manni wrote: My proposed additional option should tell the speed dial not to re-calculate the previously set speed dial time, when an audio trigger comes in.

In this case the speed dial would step the chaser in ryhthm of the audio trigger (e.g. bass drum) and the programmed speed dial time (e.g. 10 minutes) is not relevant anymore.

(This functionality is one of the base functionalities found in simple light consoles e.g. chasers triggered by audio in the Behringer LC2412)
This is one of the (very few) things in QLC+ that I'm still missing. +1 for that!