Fade in/Out overide

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
funkytwig

Would be great if you could have fields in the Virtual console that allowed you to override the fade in/out. The use case for this is using the Dump DMX values to set up the scenes and then having to go to them all and set fade in/out. I use lightfactory and I tend to setup all the scenes and set a fade in/put to 2 seconds.
siegmund

I think I'm not completely getting your intention. If not, I would suggest you to use the speed dial widget.
funkytwig

OK, so this is what I envisage.

Define 16 buttons (button 01-16) mapped to functions (01-16). The idea is that the user can use 'Dump DMX values to function' to save up to 16 presets. If they type 01 it would save the DMX dump to button 01...

Speed dial widget (http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/vcspeeddial.html) seems to be exactly what I want. So if I set the Speed Dial to the function 01-16) I can use this dial to set the fade in/fade/out of there functions? I tried this but it still does a snap if I press the button, I'm really looking for a cross-fade. How do I tell the speed dial to override the fade in/out of the functions? Ideally, I would like one speed Dail that overwrites the fadein and fade out but having two, one for fade in and one for fade out is OK.
funkytwig

Still cant work it out;(
siegmund

I guess you either forgot to add your scenes or to set the fade in/out factor to an appropriate value in the speed dial properties window.
Anyway, sharing your workspace file might help.
funkytwig

Thanks, here are the files.
Attachments
Generic-RGB-PAR-8ch.qxf
(1.63 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
cube.qxw
(113.79 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
siegmund

I do not see a jump between the scenes, the fade is smoothly 1s...