Button Activating Multiple Items

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
lbon1989

Buttons can activate multiple scenes, collections or chases.

For example, I a have a scene which requires certain lighting, smoke machines to go on and a collection with moving lights.

Instead of having to make a function with the lighting and smoke machines, and activate the collection seperately, you can activate them all together with one button.

Thank you Mr. Massimo!
siegmund

This is already possible by using the loopback plugin: With your "master button", trigger a dummy-loopback-channel which is set as external input for all the buttons you want to activate.
floEdelmann

Good to know!

We always tried to work around the need for one button controlling multiple functions, but it is useful to have, indeed!

Is this documented somewhere? Otherwise, it would be good to do so, because I guess that we are not the only ones who learn about this feature here.
Have a look at the Open Fixture Library! It's a project to collect fixture definitions in a unified format and make them downloadable for different lighting programs, including QLC+ 4 and QLC+ 5.
mcallegari

http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/loopbackplugin.html

It's not documented cause this is one of the (many) usage cases of the loopback plugin.
I guess it's just a matter of being "creative" :)
We might extend the "examples" section of the page above though