Support of NanoDMX for windows

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
danielvo

Hi,

I'm very excited about this software and was very happy that my interface, the DMX4ALL NanoDMX was on the list, but unfortunately not for windows...
The author mentioned that problem here in the forum in Febrauary, so I want to know if there will be plans to support it or have I to change to linux or another interface??

Thanks in advance,
-daniel
doughadfield

I've moved just about all of my "single use" computers to Linux, including the laptop I use to drive lighting through QLC+ (also my projection computer, etc). One of the (many) reasons for this is Windows 10 and it's very bad habit of updating itself just as I need to run a show, or some other event! I firmly believe that Windows 10 is no longer an appropriate operating system for these sorts of fixed-use workstations, and that Linux has now come of age to the point that it is usable by non-technical former windows users.

Remember how long it took to get comfortable with Windows in the first place (and to adjust to the many changes in Windows usability over the years). Well, Linux (a good workstation distribution, such as Mint Mate) should be no harder than, for example, the move from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - in fact much easier in my opinion, as Mint (and other similar distributions) use the now-familiar "start button" scheme whereas Windows 10 tries to force workstation people to use an interface designed for touch screens!! (Microsoft is now more interested in the mobile device market than the workstation market, as it thinks it has that market sewn up!!).

So I encourage you to experiment with a friendly Linux distribution ("Linux Mint Mate" would be my suggestion to start with) just as a computer to run QLC+. Hopefully you'll become familiar enough with it to start moving to Linux in other areas of your computer use (like I did).

Cheers
Doug