Scene fade in/out on flash button

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
tfahrner

Hey,
you may have seen my post "Programming blinder effect" (viewtopic.php?f=29&t=11589).
As it turned out the fade times one can define in the szene editor wont play if the connected button in the virtual console is configured as a flash button. As you can see in the mentioned post there may be use cases where it is reasonable to fade out (or in). So the feature I would like to request is to add this functionality to the flash button. If there are any reasons to have this fade times used only for "normal" buttons but not flash buttons this feature may be another optional checkbox which switches the current behavior to the requested one.

But thats just my oppinion. What do you think of this feature? Do you think this would be useful or otherwise what is against against this feature?

BR
Tim
GGGss

see other thread:
GGGss wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:27 am It's not the fault of the flash button that your fixtures go too fast...
If you wanted to have a fast flash with regular bulbs you had to make sure that the filament was already at temperature - so you used a 'pre-gain' all the time.
When you flashed instatanily the lights went up - altough with some delay... letting the button go the filament needed some time to cool down... so the well known delay.

Instead of changing the flash-behaviour, which may not happen (flash stays flash),
An interesting new function could be: a one-shot start kind of button.
Behind it you could hang a cue-list. In that list you could add all the mambo-jambo you needed. This list would run as long as it has properties...

Wait a minute - will try something
Here I present you my workaround:
in short:
  • flash button set a regular button through feedback.
  • behind this regular button hangs a cue-stack - this cue stack is a one-shot - so it runs through only once. It will keep on running as long as the VC (regular) button is pressed (feededback)
  • after the cue-stack has ran the last step resets the feedback-status
ps: for very very short flashes I made sure that the cue-stack's first step is to confirm it's feedback status.

In your cue-stack you could add all wanted mambo-jambo

I used this kind of solution once for a entry-gate to a venue. A Infrared detector was triggered by a person walking by. In succession one of many mini-light shows played together with some fancy short audio-samples. It was like a person walking up a red carpet comming in and standing fully in the spotlights. Was fun to see the faces.

Give it a go
Attachments
one-shot-start.qxw
(5.34 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
maquelle

Hello,

I'm also really interested in this behaviour but the project you propose doesn't work like this.

In fact, even if you maintain the Flash button On, the chaser continues and lights goes off after the predefined time.
Same thing if you release the Flash button immediatly after pressing it, the lights stays on during all the chaser.

A good solution would be :
- press Flash button : launch the chaser on 1st step (dimmer 100% - infinite hold time)
- release Flash button : go to next step (dimmer 0% - fade in 1s)

But I don't know how to configure this.
GGGss

maquelle wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:53 pm
A good solution would be :
- press Flash button : launch the chaser on 1st step (dimmer 100% - infinite hold time)
- release Flash button : go to next step (dimmer 0% - fade in 1s)

But I don't know how to configure this.
Hey guys,
We are talking about a flash button - flash as in 'one pulse' and done...
What you are asking has nothing to do with this behaviour and what you expect to see is not possible ... you will have to push a second time.
Think as a 'GO' button
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
maquelle

I understood the interest of the "Flash" button and I suspected that my proposition was not possible but I try...

Like "tfahrner", I'm looking for a solution to reproduce a Blinder effect, so like him, I really like to see the feature he ask implemented in a future version.
OddSocks

Hi guys,

I think that this is a solution to your usage.

I wondered about this at one point and can't remember if this is something I came up with or some one else did :roll:

If you look at the attached folder it uses the loopback to control a standard scene. The flash (Fake function) button is piped to the loopback universe with extra pushes enabled so that when the button is pressed it enables the standard scene and when released it disables the scene.

With this setup you can adjust the fade in and out time of your flash by adjusting the timing of the standard scenes, and as long as the button is pressed the scene on.

Hope this helps, have fun.
Attachments
Fade flashes.zip
(1.74 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
maquelle

Thank you very much for your help.

In fact, I already seen your message in this thread but I can't make it work.

When I push the Flash button, it enable the standard scene.
When I release the Flash button, nothing happens
When I push a second time the Flash button, it disable the standard scene.

Am I missing something in your example ?
maquelle

Thank you very much, it works great.

In fact I opened your example but I ignored the profile file.

When configuring the profil with the option to have a second press on release, it's ok !
OddSocks

Yep, it's the profile that does the magic :-)