Support Eurolite freeDMX AP Wi-Fi Interface

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
Piwi

Hello All.

First I wanna say that tonight I really learned to love QLC+.
Followed some tutorials and getting to know how to use QLC+ in combination with a midi controller and the Eurolite Freedmx AP.
And later on I wil try to use the ipad air as touch device.
Although I searched arround this Forum I can't find any topic's about using this wifi controller.
Does any body succeeded using it?

Just wondering :?:

Thanx for any help/answer/link or what so on...
mcallegari

Eurolite sent me one many months ago, I asked them some technical questions to support the device....and they never replied to my emails.
Piwi

Due to my work (busy as int engineer) till now no time taken to answer this matter.
But despite all your work you didn't get it working?
I recently bought a Pipo X9S in combination with an AKai APC Mini to play with it.
And I was wondering if I schould buy an other (Cheap as) controller?

Tnx for answering
GGGss

IMHO
(since your are working professionally ... please spend the buck on a ent T ec DMX2 p r o [<- not pushing commercially]
I have 3 in my gear :: they simply are life savers ... on all platforms>

Wait a minute ... you are referring to a MIDI controller now ...
dude -> start a new thread
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
MasterReset

Hi all,

I have been happily using the Eurolite freeDMX AP interface for a while.

For those who would be still interested in developing a plugin for this DMX wireless interface, here is some technical information on the network protocol:
https://github.com/rdejeun/qlcplus/blob ... otocol.txt

Based on some built-in QLC+ plugins, I have perpetrated a mashed-up plugin to support the Eurolite freeDMX AP interface:
https://github.com/rdejeun/qlcplus/tree ... ns/freedmx

Despite this hack has been working properly in real show conditions for 2 years now without any crash, some limitations still remains:
1) The plugin seems to work on Linux only, not on Windows (other OS not tested);
2) The IP address and port number are hard-coded to freeDMX factory default settings (no configuration panel);
3) The source code may be poorly written (and has not been peer-reviewed).

Unfortunately, my C++ skills are not good enough to provide a serious contribution. Please feel free to enhance or rewrite this work. I would be glad to hear that it is part of a future QLC+ release.

Hope that helps.

Rod
Piwi

Tnx Rod.
I will try it.

Keep up the good work as I can't program C++ at all...
MasterReset

MasterReset wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:35 am 1) The plugin seems to work on Linux only, not on Windows (other OS not tested);
Tested today after resync with QLC+ 4.12.3 source code and latest Qt5 libs: now works fine under Windows 10 :D

New freeDMX AP hardware supports ArtNet but native freeDMX API is really faster (far more !) than ArtNet with QLC+.

So, my plugin remains available in beta version (with fix factory IP address) to whom would be interested.
Unfortunately, I still believe that, without the plugin configuration part, it is not acceptable to propose it as an official plugin.
Angr77

Hi!

Is it possible to get the API / Technical information of the Network protocol For FreeDMX AP? I saw that the GitHub links was gone.

Best regards

Angr77
janosvitok

Angr77

Fantastic!!

Big thanks!

Best regards

Angr77
fipsi

hey! I just stumbeled across this topic because I own this interface and don't want to youse the app. I have no clue how i get this to run with those files, could you give me a quick explanation? That would be awesome :) Thanks!
edogawa

That would involve compiling and installing your own binary from that github fork, or even better, trying to merge his addition into your own fork of current qlc+ (his fork has fallen massively behind current upstream), not likely something you can easily manage to do, given you say you have no clue what to do with these files.