Better sound to light and a different approach for cue lengths

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
blinknbuzz

Given that dmx software is very often used for applications involving music, it would be nice of the sound to light and some details concerning cue lengths be changed.

For starters, if a graphic style eq is to be used to trigger cues from audio events, how about using the standard center frequencies of a 1/3 octave equalizer? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octave_ba ... tave_Bands

However, would could be nicer is to allow users to add parametric eq filters as necessary. For example, if I want to trigger something because a hi-hat or cymbal is in the musical content, a wider range of frequencies would cover this event than say a kick drum. In order not to constantly trigger, it would be cool to control sensitivity with midi devices.

Since we are dealing with music, instead of declaring everything in units of seconds, how about notes? This would require syncing to tempo, ideally internally automatically sensed, based on typical events like kick drums, and declaring a time signature, which in most western music cases will be 4/4. The opensource dj package Mixxx might give some insight on integrating bpm syncing

To my knowledge, no commercial package does any of this, but this would be a way to better sync the musical and visual experience of a concert or DJ set. Take a look at ableton live or bitwig DAWs, it would be awesome for a dmx experience to be more like those.

My end goal would be to program a show where as much as possible is being driven by the music and I am simply choosing which sequences and which fixtures will respond at a given time, freeing up my hands for other things.
GGGss

I am achieving this using

5 intensity faders sending through artnet to LightJams
LJ is setup so that it detects 5 frequency spectrums - some fast - some slow - some high, some low
this audio-to-light info is sent back to QLC+ by artnet again
This info is fed to faders which control the dim-channels of the fixtures
And because I want to be in control of the amount of audio-to-light intensity, I have 3 submasters connected to set the mood...

With this setup I can control
* the amount of low, mid-low, mid-high, HiHat and energy audio is analysed with (QLC -> LJ)
* the intensity of audio-to-light applied to the fixtures (LJ -> QLC+ // & submasters)

If you want to see the setup in live go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owhSSTZC-UA and skip the first 6 minutes
left computer is QLC, next to it is BFC200, next to it is Novation PRO and lastly laptop running LJ (if you look closely when rehearsal is going on you can notice LJ's analysing audio)

In annex you can find the mid production backup-file to investigate ;-)
for obvious artistic reasons I'm not showing the sequences and combined fx
Attachments
De hoeve.qxw
(247.35 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
blinknbuzz

cant quite make out what is happening on your displays in the video.

work arounds can exist, but shouldnt they be native for software designed to augment a musical experience?