Toogle button on beat

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
igorrobertifoc

Hello,
after lot of research I'm trying to resolve the beat detection on a toogle button with qlc+.
There aren't external software open source that catch the audio line-in, recognize the beat and send a midi note.
With qlc+ I found a partial solution with widget audio trigger. It catch the sound with low frequency with a threshold (45%/75%) and press a toogle button. The problem is the audio in is not normalized, then I have every move the slider for the volume and find the position that recognize the beat.

Anyone has an idea to move automatically this slider based on the maximum value of volume in the last x Seconds? I tryed tons of software, but it seem that every external software don't make something. The only I see is this product: http://wavesum.net/products.html but I use windows and then I can't use :(

Thank you very much for everyone that can help me
siegmund

Hey,

so basically what you are requesting is to avoid toggling when a continuous input is assigned as external input for a button, am I right?
I agree, that the current behavior is very confusing and I already thought about writing some code to fix this but was not able to imagine a use case for that - until now!
Are there more people out there who need this?
GGGss

I get the poster's message otherwise... It has nothing to do with the toggle status of a button but with his problem that audio doesn't come in normalised.
(Normalisation of audio should be performed outside of QLC+ IMHO - it means that audio-levels on the venue will change also <- horror (!))

In his casu he's complaining that with every song he needs to adopt the sensitivity of the audio-widget to get a 'real' beat detection.
But ... to my experience every song (normalised or not) needs other tweaking to get a beat-detection right. The true beat is always composed by the sum of different audio-spectra. (f.i. metal-genre vs accoustical guitar to be extreme)

my 2cts
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore