Clock feature - dependence to the "main Clock"

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
Trubadix

Hey everyone! Absolute great work Massimo! I love using your program to controll the lights on shows with up to 1000 guests and the program works great without any problems. but im missing something and here i see the chance to participate in qlc+5 (god i cant wait to play around with it!)
(excuse my english, its not my first language and im far awayto be a good english speaker.. but i try my best to explain my request)
most of my work is live and with many changes in musicstyle, even with my loved Akai Apc 20 controller its hard to keep every device on the beat

Req:
the only missing feature for me is the possebility, to have one "main Clock",

(- i will call these tool clock.. dont know the english name. i put a picture what i mean beneath this thread)
clocktool.jpg
[for your whole show and not one for every function/device/device-group so you have to tap the beat just once (or let an audiotrigger do the work)
and then you have a small tool (like an secondary clock without the tap-button enabled)
and you controll just the way, the "secondary clock" depends to the "main Clock" (see picture below)
like double the speed, 100ms offbeat, two signals shortly after the beat (okay the last thing may remain as a dream..)
and so on.. that would give me the possebility to react much faster and more precise to the music.

req 2:
may its an option, to implement a tool, that makes it possible, to tap not only a beat, but also an rhythm (may like shown in the 2. picture in the upper part)
like when you produce a song.. to have like 8 small buttons, so you could select, how the trigger-signal reacts to the given beat. i tried to visualise the request as best as i can. (the green fields in the "rhythm tap tool" are the selected ones.. here is a trigger signal sendet)
Qlc BPM.jpg
hope you understand what i mean and keep up this great work! thank you :)
Trubadix

may there is already a way to make at least the first thing possible? anyone an idea? :)
siegmund

At first I thought it is not possible atm but while I wrote I realized it is already possible with loopback (having some drawbacks).

Have a look at the attached workspace. In the vc there are two speed dials connect via a sequence->loopback->tap input. Go live, enable all the buttons and you'll see the dimmers 1&2 flashing with the speed of the main clock and dimmers 3&4 with the "sub-clock". You now can apply multipliers to the "sub" speed dial (in theory this should work with both factors lower and greater than 1 but actually it only works for values lower than 1 when continuously tapping, I think this is a bug and will set up a bug report elsewhere).
Known limitations (most because of continuous tapping the sub clock):
  • You cannot modify other things than multipliers in the sub speed dial
  • The ticks are not perfectly synced
  • Speed in the sub speed dial varies on a small range
This is just a first approach. Please dig into how I did this, some more hints: You may use multipliers in the settings of the main speed dial if you want to. You also could use a script for triggering tapping, since toggling is not the best practice for a tap button.

If you have further question, just ask!

Regards,
siegmund

[EDIT] Note: I tested this with the latest git sources on Xubuntu 14.04 64Bit Qt5
Attachments
main clock.qxw
(7.03 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Trubadix

wow thank you! i also experimented with the loopback feature, but without a working result.. sadly it seems like the workspace you attached isn`t complete.. the vc is completely empty? i try to rebuild your experiment, but failed in the beginning.. also i think its necessary to build an "input/output profile" for the loopback am i right?

well, i will do some research to the loopback-feature, may i can find a solution by myself :) thanks alot!
siegmund

Trubadix wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 1:57 pm sadly it seems like the workspace you attached isn`t complete.. the vc is completely empty?
As I already said in the edit note - I built this with the latest git sources so maybe the changes regarding sequences are causing conflicts. Try opening the workspace with a test version.
Trubadix wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 1:57 pm also i think its necessary to build an "input/output profile" for the loopback am i right?
No it is not necessary. I had not to do this for my purposes so far.
Trubadix wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 1:57 pm well, i will do some research to the loopback-feature, may i can find a solution by myself :)
Learning about loopback is always a good idea - it is very powerful and helps with a lot of things :)