Collection flashable ?

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
mEon

If a collection contains static content, shouldn't it be flashable (for positions, ...)?
--> Maybe there could be "Flash function (only for scenes)" extended to only for scenes and static collections?

Best regards
mdmayfield

There's a way you could accomplish something like this right now, although it requires a bit of set up. It involves Loopback controls. I've attached a sample project that shows how it works.
Attachments
Collection Flash Buttons.qxw
(12.54 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
mEon

Genius!
mEon

Just came to a little follow-up question:

Is there a way to restore previous Values by releasing the Flash-Loopback ?
Actually the values will be set to zero, even if they were at 100 before they became flashed to 255.
mdmayfield

Hm, here it gets a bit more complicated, if you want to be able to use faders on the Collections while at the same time bumping them with Flash buttons.

When I put the test together, I was intending to hide away those knobs in a collapsed frame somewhere - meaning that they would be only "internal" and that the light operator would never touch them.

If you want to be able to set one of those Collections to, say, 60% and bump it up to 100% with the Flash button, you'll need to make "remote control" faders or knobs for Loopback Helpers 1-4, and still hide away the original knobs (the ones that are controlled *by* LH 1-4, but which actually *set* the % of the Collections).

That way, HTP will act on the Loopback Helpers (which QLC+ thinks are dimmers) and remote-control the Collection knobs to allow what you're talking about. See attached (open the Hidden Frame to see the old knobs).
Attachments
Collection Flash Buttons 2.qxw
(15.84 KiB) Downloaded 72 times