[Solved] Buttons and remote controle: avoid toggle

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
onnorvld

I rebuild your example to be sure that I can reproduce it. This work and the faders react on the OSC commands as expected. What troubles this solution is the behavior of the faders in the solo frame.

Reading the manual: “Mix sliders in playback mode: Mix sliders in playback mode: When this option is enabled, the sliders in playback mode are allowed to be enabled at the same time. When moving a slider up, instead of instantly cancelling the other running sliders, it will fade them out at the same speed you are fading it up.” This option is not selected, I’ll expect the fades to move to 0 when another fader is raised.

But this did not happen. Sending /qlc/01,i 255 and then /qlc/02,i 255 will show Scene 01 and that fades to Scene 02. Sending /qlc/01,i 255 again does not fade back to Scene 01 because the fader “Scene 01” is still at the 255 position.

I’ll send both the QLC file and the Show Cue System file (zip). To move down a fader and use the loopback to trigger a button with OSC I had to send /qlc/01,i 1 instead of /qlc/01,i 0 in SCS

Is there a setting wrong in my QLC file?
Regards, Onno
Attachments
SCS_2_QLC_Example.qxw
(8.69 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
SCS_2_QLC_Example.zip
(1.01 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
siegmund

This sounds like a bug - can you reproduce the behavior in another workspace without OSC? Since I have no OSC environment at hand, I'm not able to reproduce it at the moment.
onnorvld

Yes, also when I manually move a fader it is not cancelling the other open fader, not only with OSC.
Can you reproduce that?

Onno
siegmund

Yes, but I think this is as expected since the docs only talk about sliders in playback mode. Your sliders are in level mode and these are most probably do not have the solo behavior.
So maybe try adding scenes for remote loopback.
onnorvld

With the help of mcallegari and siegmund I got the configuration working. I needed to add a “Black Out” to switch off a scene, because sending a zero value by OSC does not activate a button in the loopback. Now I can just repeat a scene command without disturbing the button position.

I created a complete example with both QLC+ and Show Cue System files with 3 scenes and 1 effect. The Show Cue System cue list will control the QLC+ scenes and you can jump back in the cue list at any time and QLC+ will follow. In the cue list, you I have repeated some queues to test and demonstrate that this work good.

I still hope that QLC+ will be enhanced in the future (direct button on/off OSC support for example ;) ). Not to make it more complex but even more powerful!

Thanks once more for the help. Onno
Attachments
SCS_2_QLC_Example v2.qxw
(13.44 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
SCS_2_QLC_Example v2 SCS11.zip
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 98 times