Audio input trigger

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
asbo

Would it be possible to add markers to the bargraphs to display the Enable/Disable thresholds that have been set?

Also, for one of my uses I have many cue lists on my virtual console for all the different music, each one requires an audio input widget. Would it be possible to allow one audio input to trigger multiple cue lists so that I only have to change the thresholds once?

Great work on this software by the way, thank you it's brilliant!
siegmund

asbo wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:22 pm Also, for one of my uses I have many cue lists on my virtual console for all the different music, each one requires an audio input widget. Would it be possible to allow one audio input to trigger multiple cue lists so that I only have to change the thresholds once?
This should already be possible with the loopback plugin: Trigger loopback channels with the audio trigger widget and then use these loopback channels as external inputs for buttons for your desired functions.

As for the first request, this would indeed be a nice feature.
asbo

Fantastic thanks, I had never considered loopback. Make's sense, so I'll give it a go. Cheers.
igorrobertifoc

Hello,
have you tested in live mode? The beat is catched?

Thank you
asbo

Not tried the loopback method "for real" but it appeared to work ok in the office. QLC performed exceptionally well last outing syncing the lights to the kick drum, but there was quite a few audio input widgets running - next time I hope there will only be one!
twardy90

igorrobertifoc, could you post your workspace now?
I have exact problem i guess. I want to control multiliple scenes with audio-triggered chasers at once, but for each i need to define separate audio input which makes my VC overloaded and hard to control - see attachment :(
Attachments
123.png
twardy90

siegmund,
siegmund wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:23 pm
asbo wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:22 pm Also, for one of my uses I have many cue lists on my virtual console for all the different music, each one requires an audio input widget. Would it be possible to allow one audio input to trigger multiple cue lists so that I only have to change the thresholds once?
This should already be possible with the loopback plugin: Trigger loopback channels with the audio trigger widget and then use these loopback channels as external inputs for buttons for your desired functions.

As for the first request, this would indeed be a nice feature.
How can I do it (see underlined text)? Do I need to create artifical Fixture with desired unused channel, lets say DMX=500 (specific channel for this issue) and then assign this in AudioTrigger as DMX -> select articial Fixutre? Do I understand it correctly?
siegmund

Yes, see an example in the attached workspace!
The volume bar triggers scene "Loop 1" which raises channel 1 (Dimmer "Loop 1") in Universe Loopback. This channel is set as external input for both buttons in virtual console which trigger scenes 1 and 2.
Attachments
audiotrigger.qxw
(3.82 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
twardy90

Dear Friend! That's it what I was looking for. Thank you so much for this workspace, you helped me a lot. That artificial scene/function was the key.
Now I know how to control many cue lists with one audio trigger in QLC+. Solved!
BTW: The only concern is the INPUT taken by this Loopback, so would I be able to control it with a MIDI control now?
GGGss

Absolutely - every universe has an in- and output...
(and general speaking I always use a seperate universe for feedbacking to keep the workflow easy)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
twardy90

GGGss wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:43 am (and general speaking I always use a seperate universe for feedbacking to keep the workflow easy)
But you see... the main general universe with all my real fixtures to be conrtolled has already INPUT taken by Loopback (siegmund example workspace). How can I deal INPUT from Loopback and INPUT from MIDI control within the same universe?
GGGss

Why would you? You don't have to

Fixtures -> separate universe (1)
midi-input 1 -> separate universe (2)
loopback -> separate universe (3)
[midi-input 2 -> universe (4) and so on]
easy?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
twardy90

So I guess I can set inputs regardless the real set of lights (particular group in Fixtures tab), as all of inputs control the Virtual Console. It's only matter of the one OUTPUT assigned to proper universe (particular group in Fixtures tab) to exact control the real set of lights?

Am I thinking right? (Out of hardware test ability at the moment so that's why I'm so theoretic).
siegmund

Absolutely correct!