Live Freeze

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
Alv

Hi!

This is going to be hard to word, but I have a function request that would make life so much easier. My idea is a 'Live Freeze' to be used in the virtual console. My idea is to have a button which loops the current running functions while you select functions which won't run until you deselect the 'Freeze' button. This would be extremely useful for live music visuals, especially for electronic music. You could 'freeze' during the build, allowing you to select the visuals for the drop, allowing for more spectacular visuals.

Thanks!
sbenejam

Have you read the QLC+ documentation?. In QLC+ There is a DMX Dump functionallity in Virtual Console that allows you to assing captured values to a function, scene or wathever.
More info: http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/dmxdump.html
Alv

I'm not talking about DMX dump, I'm talking about blidndly being able to select functions to run, while others are running already, to swap from the original running function to a collection of other functions rapidly.
GGGss

If such a feature would exist ... how would you like to see the transisition from freezed situation to new (unfreezed)? Going thru black? I don't think so...

Let's say you have your heads in red and a certain gobo slowly turning...
lets say chan 7: 80 (40% open shutter), chan 9: 12 (red) chan 10: 32 (small cirlces gobo), chan 11: 40 (gobo turn slowly)

next you want them to move erraticly into blue en full 'sush' flashing
so chan 1: 30 (X), chan 2: 80, chan 7: 255 (shutter open) chan 8 : 70 (shutter into flashmode) chan 9: 124 (blue)

You'll be stuck with you gobo still being small circles and turning slowly.

going thru all '0' -> this will kill all your lights (and might even kill you HQI lamps run command)
There isn't a general logic what to do between situations: HTP channels won't follow (if they are getting a lower value), LTP channels will follow

my 2cents
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Alv

I don't see where your complication is coming from? It would be the same as just activating another function through a button. Other high end controllers, such as Avolites and GrandMA2's have similar functions where you can prepare your next group of functions while having one running. Not having this function with QLC+ is the only thing keeping me from having it as a backup to a MA.
camwolfe

hey,
I would ask you to take a look at this: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10390. It suggests a different feature, but written with a similar goal in mind, i.e. to build a kind of "preselect/crossfade" functionality. Do you think something like this could meet your requirements?