[Solved] Value mapping

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
projektil

If this can already be done, forgive a new user :) I´m exploring QLC daily but haven´t found a solution for this issue.

The fixture in question is a barrel scanner that controls the barrel rotation in an odd way: 0-127 is rotation clockwise from slow to fast and 128-255 counterclockwise from slow to fast. Mapping this to a fader or x/y pad gives me odd results: There is no easy way to have slow clockwise rotation move to slow counterclockwise rotation (bouncing) without seeing high speed in between. It looks bad and puts unnecessary stress on the motors too.

The idea is to create a fader that has no rotation in the middle and fast rotation at its end. This could be done by "flipping" the values of the lower half:

Fader Value 0 = DMX value 127 = fast rotation
Fader Value 1 = DMX value 126
Fader Value 126 = DMX value 1 = slow rotation
Fader Value 127 = DMX value 0 = STOP
Fader Value 128 = DMX value 128 = slow rotation
Fader Value 129 = DMX value 129
Fader Value 255 = DMX value 255 = fast rotation

It could be done by table mapping of the 255 fader values to 255 DMX values, bit of a hassle to setup, but you don´t do that very often. Or it could be done by assigning a function to the fader, in pseudo syntax: IF (fader <128) THEN (dmx = 127-fader) ELSE (dmx = fader)
Last edited by projektil on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
janosvitok

projektil

That´s what I was talking about :)
Thanks; I feel stupid now :D It may be a good idea to read the manual cover to cover and not just peek into single pages...

The only thing missing from the GUI is probably a modifier type "table" that permits to fill in a complete 255 value table, but that can also be achieved by saving a template and then modify that by a text editor (just tried that).

You know what is great about QLC... as a beginner, I come across many questions and for every single one I had so far, QLC already has the solution !