Override function

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
omyg

Being able to select a function (Scene etc) as 'Override' would solve a lot of issues I'm struggling with :-)
It might be a Virtual Console 'Button' property but i guess i would prefer this as an option/property in Scene and Chase function.

Setup:
I have 8 Moving Heads.
I'm using QLC+ for controlling stage lights for a Band.
I do this using Virtual Console to manually run different combinations of scenes and colors and head-positions etc.
Occasionally (or pretty often) I need to set a few lights separately and 'lock' them so they are not impacted by any other scenes changes.

Example 1:
Running Chase 'Long Chase 1' including all 8 Lights.
Suddenly have the need of changing 2 light with say Colors and position - and lock them as the rest of the Lights are continuing running the Chase program.
Or maybe the two Lights should run another Chase ('Short Chase 2) just for these two lights - and continue even if I change Chase/control for all lights.

Example 2:
Running Chase 'Long Chase 1' including all 8 Lights.
Wants to dim or turn off 4 lights and lock this!

Comments:
I know that this could be done using Simple Desk, as these controllers override everything else, but I want to quickly be able to change override settings (say turn of 6 lights) without having to manually find the six channels and move faders. Also nice to be able to define a lot of complex override setup (Dimmer, Gobo, Pan/Tilt etc).

Thanks for a fantastic application!
siegmund

Something like this has been requested here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10004 and will be included in the next release. If you are able to build from sources, test feedback is always welcome!
mcallegari

No need to build from sources. There's plenty of test versions with the feature already included
omyg

I installed latest test version (4.10.6 git) - and I read through all - but I don't find anything about override?

Sorry for being so dumb and have to ask; where do I find it and how does it work?

So many thanks in advance (and for your lightning fast reply :-)
omyg

OK, looking through everything more closely I guess that the override option is for Sliders in Virtual Console alone?!

Is there anyway that I can use this for creating a Button that reduces the intensity of selected fixtures to say 10% ? (I have a scene active with intensity = 100% and I want a Button that at anytime can reduce the intensity when pushed - or turn of the light completely).
siegmund

omyg wrote:OK, looking through everything more closely I guess that the override option is for Sliders in Virtual Console alone?!
Yes, this is only for sliders in VC.
omyg wrote:Is there anyway that I can use this for creating a Button that reduces the intensity of selected fixtures to say 10% ? (I have a scene active with intensity = 100% and I want a Button that at anytime can reduce the intensity when pushed - or turn of the light completely).
So do you want to reduce the value by 10% or set it to 10%? If you want to reduce by 10%, I don't think this is possible at the moment. You could try experimenting with loopback, scripts and sliders in relative mode.
omyg

Thanks Sigmund,
I would be fine with being able to set value to 10% intensity as absolute value!

Being able to program override to absolute values would be great. I would love to have buttons that freezes/locks a set of channel values for a set of lights.
siegmund

With some drawbacks this is already possible. Please have a look at the attached workspace. The button controls the observing slider via loopback (channel 1). If you press the button, it locks the fixture level to the value programmed in the button's scene. Drawback is on deactivating the button the value jumps back to 0 which is probably not what you want. But I don't know about another way to achieve this.
Attachments
override.qxw
(3.82 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
omyg

Hi Siegmund,

I think I have been around this as well. The problem is not only the reset to zero value when release of the Button, but you also have to release the override button (the big X) or the value will be locked at 0% :-(
Therefore I don't think this will work for me :-/ Sorry.
omyg

This new override slider option would work - IF - there were a way to 'release' the override again!

Currently when the slider is set then the big 'X' Button turns red and i don't see anyway to remotely release this button again. The override will continue until you manually press the red X button and release the override, correct?
And this cannot be affected by remote or script or another Button etc?
mcallegari

You can assign an external control
override_reset_external_control.png
DJ_Ladonin

I really need this feature!
Example:
I have 8 moving heads running in chaser (moving pan/tilt, changing colors, etc)
With pressing a button I need head 1 to fix on point with white color and open gobo. Other heads continues moving in chaser
After releasing the button head 1 returns to chaser
Now there is no way to do it, or I did't find it. Tried tricks with loopback and reversed submaster, this works with shutter and color of ALL heads, but not with single head. :(
siegmund

Please read the previous posts. As stated, this will be possible (under some conditions) with the next release.