Workspace information: Power consumption and weight

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
Chris De Rock

Most fixures now contains information about power consumption and weight. I would find it useful to get these informations in sum for the whole workspace to plan transport and power distribution.
janosvitok

Can you propose how should QLC+ display that information? A button in Fixtures tab with report?
Chris De Rock

A new Tab in Fixures would be a great idea. and if you add some truss for the 3d view you can add these weights to the tab. For packaging lists etc a cool idea.
Chris De Rock

One little thing i think its the same topic: in version 4.10.5.b it is possible to add more than 32 devices to a single universe. the definition of dmx standard allows only 32 receivers per bus. can you implement a check for this?
janosvitok

Chris: you may have as many devices on one universe as you want (obviously the limit is 512 :) ) if you use multiple outputs, DMX splitter, artnet, wdmx, etc.
On the other hand, if you patch one device in QLC+ but physically use 40 devices patched to the same address, you'll have problems that QLC+ can't detect.
Chris De Rock

Hmm... yea.. thats right.. It is my habit to patch each device individually..
but (correct me if i'm wrong) most times you get the real output to the lamps via dmx and i think a limit of 32 lamps per universe should be fine (or some visoble hint)
Baer

Think about MultiChannelDimmers

I use 2 18 Channel Dimmers (Sometimes also 3x12 Channel) in my Environment, Resulting in 36 Devices (Lamps) Patched in a QLC+ Universe but only 2(3) Phyiscal devices on BUS.
Implementing a Check like this means you are not really able to use GenericDimmers any more, instead you need to model your dimmer setup in qlcplus and need to distiguish between physical dmx part and dmx address. (If you use different dimm setups depending on location you basically need to program 2 different shows...)

From my point of view this would make use of QLC+ unneccesary complicated.

Neverthelees i would vote in for the original idea of this thread of a report for power consumption and weight.
Chris De Rock

Power and Weight seems easy to integrate. it needs only a fev lines of code. a pull request is in work.