Support Eurolite USB-DMX512 Pro

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
mcallegari

@Jano, please do not confuse Pro with Pro MK2. The first is based on a Atmel chipset, the second is FTDI and implement the Enttec Pro protocol.

Here's the situation:
- Pro can't work on Windows because of drivers. QLC+ use open source libraries and Windows doesn't like it. You should sign your own version of libusb-win32 but I do not recommend to go that way cause it's a nightmare. So I prefer to declare it doesn't work, even if technically it could.
- Pro MK2 works with the standard proprietary Windows FTDI driver (D2XX)

Eurolite (Steinigke) sent me some adapters. I tested and integrated them, and when I saw technical glitches, I sent them an email with the details, and they never replied to it.
Contacted again after a few months: no reply at all.

If I remember correctly, I found out that the Pro MK2 is not conforming to the DMX standard. It is not capable to perform at ~44Hz (250 kbps)
You can try to lower the master timer frequency until the adapter doesn't flicker anymore.
Instructions here: http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/parameterstuning.html
vhs1240

I recently bought a Eurolite USB-DMX512 Pro MK2, and after hours and hours of trying to get it to work in QLC+ on a Mac, I still haven't managed to get it to work (the LED on the Eurolite keeps blinking red).
Is there anybody that has been able to get it to work on a Mac at all ?? I'd love to use it in QLC+ but I need some help here...

Weird thing is that I also tried to use the Eurolite in Lightkey for Mac, and this worked immediately and perfect.

Thanks
Jan
CoS2000

Hi there,

is there any Solution for Pro MK2 under Windows?

I ordered the device and it will be delivered today. Hope it will work...

Where can i find the Parameters. Cant find a parameter called "Master Timer frequency" in regedit (windows 7). Do u mean "HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1775873340-2164010772-982407447-1003\Software\qlcplus"? There are no parameters like "Master Timer frequency"...I found a "timing tool" under "HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1775873340-2164010772-982407447-1003\Software\qlcplus\Q Light Controller Plus\timingstool", but i think its not what i searched.

All other Keys that i found with the search for "qlcplus" are installation directorys...

I search the whole registry for "Master Timer frequency" but even dont find anything....

Thanks for any Help...
GGGss

in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\qlcplus\Q Light Controller Plus\ add a key enttecdmxusbopen
in that key make a Dword named: frequency
See: http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/parameterstuning.html
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
CoS2000

Hi @all.

ok i tested Eurolite USB-DMX512 Pro MK2 and i can agree to the other posts: it doesnt work! Tested under windows 7 with qlc+ 4.11.0

I had no flicker, but massive delays between 0,5 up to 3 Seconds!

Changing the master timer frequency doesnt help! In my opinion you should remove "Eurolite USB-DMX512 Pro MK2" from the list of working devices!

@mcallegari: i hope Eurolite (Steinigke) will answer you. its not ok that they let you wait. it should be in their own concern that "USB-DMX512 Pro MK2" works fine with qlc+!

Regards,
CoS
lbon1989

Any updates to this? I am experiencing a very massive delay when I make a chaser with LED's on a Eurolite Pro Mk2. Running on Windows 10 with QLC+ 4.11.1