Where used-list

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
Bennosch

Hi there,

First of all, thank you for this great tool!

I have a project with lots of RGB matrices, EFX, scenes, collections and chasers which I use in several chasers for semi-automatic shows. Naturally my project is getting more and more complex and I will probably lose overview which functions are in use and which are not. Of course, it is a question of working thoroughly which I certainly do, but what would really help is a "where used" list which I know from other software and find very useful (I especially know it from SAP, to whom it may concern).

Keep up the good work!

Regards
Ben
GGGss

Ben,

If this function would exist it would be awesome.

For the time being I can reveal you 'my' solution:
It is highly recommended NOT to alter your show-files since you will break them!! Proceed after (at least) taking a backup of the file...
Altering the file will destroy your show !!

* Open your show file in a text editor of your choice.
* First off you will find all your fixtures in the [Fixture] ... [/Fixture] xml blocks.
find the fixture of your interest
* Note down the ID your fixture has obtained while creating your show.
f.i. <ID>4</ID>
* CUE's
now use the find instruction within your text-editor and search for '<FixtureVal ID="4">'
go back up to the start of this function-xml-block and find the name of the function in the Name tag.
All results of the search are your functions (cue's) where this particular fixture is used in.
* sliders/knobs used in the Virtual Console
search for '<Channel Fixture="4">'
* X/Y paths:
search for '<Fixture ID="4"'
etc
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
sandinak

+1 on this .. and i'd love to see it live. Eg
- for LTP settings .. have a flag similar to the joystick flag on the universe when data comes in showing there's a setting influenced here.
- for HTP settings .. show a different flag if it's overriding a previous setting.
camwolfe

Hi,
is someone still interested in this? I think I could write a python tool to automate GGGss' solution if someone would like to have this.