udp listener / input & pure headless ops

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
cavok

hi i'm just studying qlc+ and whether it could be a solution for me...

topic is home automation / architectural lighting.

to integrate qlc+ into home automation, ideally, fixtures should individually be commandable by UDP with fixture name/value combinations. so that the abstraction of dmx channels, rgb(w) order, fading, color effects etc... happens/remains at the qlc+ level.
also, ideally the type of command/command options could contain whether to jump to a new value immediately or whether to fade and if, at what speed.
color fades should mathematically happen via a colorspace conversion (from RGB to HSL for example for smooth transitions). input would be a target hex rgb color value.
also, some further abstraction per fixture such as 0%-100% or on/off commands, resulting in the matching 0-255 dmx value would be welcome.

all of this should run purely headless / only manageable through ssh & the webinterface (and operation via udp) on a raspberry pi 3. so, even (up)loading the workspace file, checking log files etc... should all work browser or ssh-based only without the graphical output via hdmi. also some basic security/access rights on the web server would be needed (but not necessarily on the udp inputs).

maybe some of that already is doable but i couldn't determine straight away from documentation.
will certainly donate if these features would be onboard.
cheers!
plugz

Hello,

I think all of this is possible.
Except maybe the access rights on the web server. A web server is already included in QLC+, but I don't know about access rights.

Best thing to do is to try and ask questions here when you're stuck. (But first use the search function of the forum, your questions have probably already been asked :) )

Things you will have to do:
- For the UDP commands, I think you can go with OSC. You can very easily send OSC commands though the shell, see http://qlcplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 77&p=41268
- Learn and create functions
- Learn the Virtual Console and create widgets, associate the widgets to your functions
- Link the OSC input to Virtual Console Widgets

You might want to have a look at Massimo's video tutorials.

Cheers