Better visual selection with Launchpad (or other)

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
NEA

Hi everybody,

QLC is a great software I'm using frequently with Novation Launchpad for little event (wedding, ....). The Launchpad allow me to start sequences, set of configuration...... Each pad are configured to have a color when idle and another when activated by using the feedback . But often I don't remember witch pad I've activated. I think it would be great if QLC will provide an option to have blinking color or flash when a button is activated.

Only a suggestion

Thanks a lot

PS: sorry for my english :-(
mcallegari

MIDI feedbacks to control LED colors has been implemented a few versions ago.
Have a look at "AKAI APC LED Feedbacks" here: http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/midiplugin.html

I guess the same applies to your Launchpad
NEA

Hi,

Thanks for your answer but it seems more complicated than I presume.
According to the following document (page 9) https://d19ulaff0trnck.cloudfront.net/s ... -v1-02.pdf the flashing behavior occurs when sending information both on Midi channel 1 AND Midi channel 2.
Honestly I don't see how to do that using QLC.
Maybe have you a solution ? ;)
I'll be pleased.
Thanks in advance
NEA

Hi

I managed to flash led on Novation Launchpad by using sysex message (using Midi OX)
My question is: is it possible to configure QLC++ to send feedback to launchpad (or other midi device) using sysex messages ?

Thanks in advance

Regards
NEA

Eureka

I managed to have flashing leds on the Launchpad. It's pretty tricky but it works. I used Midi OX to catch specific midi message and create new ones on the fly by using Data Mapping functionality.
Maybe Data Mapping (as Midi OX do) could be a new feature of QLC++ ? By using xml files ?

Thanks
Mehovoric

@Nea,

You must activate a lot of pads if you forget! haha. You may have already tried these, but one thing that helps me is set my "idle" pads with a weak/dim color and active pads with the same brighter color. Another option is different colors for idle vs. active.

Pretty sure I understand what you're getting at though. The new Launchpad Mk2 (RGB lighting) supports Flash/Pulse natively. The catch, like you said, it has to send feedback on multiple Midi channels. And QLC unfortunately can only send feedback on one channel, or all channels. So theoretically, I'd be willing to bet that if you go into the MIDI Plugin and change your Output for the Launchpad to Midi Ch 2 (to flash) or Ch 3 (to pulse), it will do those functions respectively. The issue is that it affects all feedback globally for that one device. Lower and Upper feedback values will both flash or pulse, when ideally, you want static color (sent via Ch 1) when idle, and pulsing color (sent via channel 3) when activated.

I tested this theory with my APC40 mk2 RGB and it worked exactly as I expected (Midi CH's are different but the principle is this same)

So here's my Feature Suggestion that may make this easier for the end user:
1. Remove the Output Midi Ch configuration from the Midi plugin OR allow it to be overridden from the Virtual Console.
2. In the "Custom Feedback" on a button setup see a channel selection for lower and upper values. (See attached mockup image.)

#1 is assuming that the plugin output channel is only used for the feedback? I'm not intimate with all deep configuration on that one.
Attachments
Mockup.JPG
cerw

Has anyone had any progress on this? I have tried just mapping normal colors based on this and still quite lost (http://forum.launchpad-pro.com/viewtopic.php?id=4055) the colors just dont match very well. not so easy to edit it either.

Petr
GGGss

Sorry to say but I had mine all configured manually... 2-3 evenings worth of work and knowing that the next venue would require reprogramming...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
OddSocks

Had not full realised that this thread was here.

I'm looking at Sysex messages for the X-Touch LCD scribble strips.

Just wondering if there is any mileage in the MIDI profiles not just being input but also output profiles.
oggio

I'm aware it is a very old thread but I'll give it a try.
I couldn't find a fixture file for the first version of Novation Launchpad.
Do you know where can I find it?
AcdNrg

If color coding does not work for you, maybe give the Stream Deck XL a shot. 8x4 OLED buttons, customizable images, multiple layers via folders. Haven´t used mine with QLC yet, but don´t see a reason why it shouldn´t work.