Configuration for Submasters

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
camwolfe

Hi,
first of all thanks to Massimo and everyone contributing to the QLC+ project!
I got a feature request and I hope it is as minor to implement as I imagine: I noticed that in the virtual console property menu, it is possible to configure the grand master so that it affects either all channels, or just the Intensity channels. I think the reason why you might want to use the first one is clear to everybody, as it is the default option for the submasters.
However, the option to control all channels is not available for sliders in submaster mode in the console.
I think this would be a good thing to have, as it would allow you to do a complete "crossfade" between two frames. This way you could build two identical frames in with buttons for controlling colors, shutter, position, etc, then, in live mode, you could preconfigure the next "light atmosphere" in one frame while the other one is playing, then in the right moment crossfade, and after the light has changed have the other one to configure changes for the next transition. At the moment this can only be done for Intensity channels, as position channels are not affected by submasters.
A workspace where I tried to achieve this playing with a Showtec Indigo LED is attached.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Attachments
frame_crossfade_example.qxw
(33.42 KiB) Downloaded 80 times