An equation universe

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
ninjasam

I was thinking about the possibility to have an equation loopback universe, it will extend the possibility of QLC+ controllability. The aim is as example to be able to compute a DMX value from an equation depending of multiple faders.
Here is samples of use case :
- I have 2 spotlight 1 red, 1 blue, I would like to have 1 fader which control general intensity and 1 fader which control the color i.e. with 1st fader =100%, 2nd fader=0=>blue100%red0% ; 50%=> blue100%red100%; 100%=> blue0%red100%). We can do it with 3 faders using a submaster but it is less convenient.
- With a row of 10 spotlights, I could choose which one to turn on using only one fader and there can be fading transition (e.g 0% = spotlight 1 only; 11% = spotlight 2 only; ... 100% = spotlight 10 only; 6%= 50% of spotlight 1 and 50% of spotlight 2)
- could set the light color of RGB sportlight using HSV instead of RGB, (could be nice to have a fader which can slide between all pure color (=H), one which make tend the color to the white (=S) and 1 master = (V)) .
- From RGB value, it could compute the White, Amber, UV values to add to RGB which have those channels to maximize the light of a spotlight for a specific color. (e.g if i set R=100% G=80%, it can automatically add the amber)
- Use the integral of a joystick position to move a mobile head fixture and setting a 0 zone (joystick is never completely at the middle)
- Can relplace loopback in mapping wihtout having the requirement to add fictional fixture.
- Can correct Pan/tilt to true XY value on a plan but the equation is not simple and it is not the ideal interface

Here is what I thing how it will be presented , there could be a window where you set the equation :
- Can declare variable with a name (and maybe a type HTP or LTP), this variable can be add on a scene, be directly controlled by a fader or put in any other place where a fixture can be, Or being set to an initial value at the starting of the show mode
- Can add a computed variable which we write as an equation (e.g C=cos(A) + sin(B) ), this computed value could be put as input of scene controllers.

I think that even if there is not so much case, it will remove all limitation of QLC+ and it might be not so complicated to code that.