Multiple Faderbanks

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
lgweb

Hello everyone,

I am a long-time user of QLC+ and started thinking about buying a used BCF2000 or something like that to control multiple conventional lights - besides some extra stuff, but I want to focus on dimmers. The most MIDI controllers with motor faders have 8 faders, but I want to control at least 16 channels. So I thought about something like A/B bank - my thoughts:

Create a frame with multiple faders on the first page and the same amount of faders on the second page. Each fader is connected to another channel (page 1: 1-8; page 2: 9-16). So far, there are 16 faders for 16 channels, split on 2 pages. The first fader on page 1 is linked to the first fader on the BCF2000 - and now, when I change the page, the BCF2000 gets the value of the first fader of page2 for the first fader on the hardware. So you can switch between pages, but the MIDI feedback is sent according to the active page.

Is this a difficult thing? Maybe it's an idea for upcoming versions...

Best,
Luke
siegmund

I'm really glad that I can tell you this is already possible :)
Have a look at: http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/tutorial-multipage.html

As a BCF2000 owner I can say it works pretty good!
lgweb

Thank you for your fast response!

Does this only work with specific controllers or is every MIDI controller possible to do that?
janosvitok

Hi,

multiple pages can be enabled for any frame. So you can put many controls to one frame.
This is not dependent on any external control.

Then, you can assign any external control to each control widget. You may use any MIDI device, or even other protocols like OSC, or external DMX input (i.e. you can control QLC+ faders from an older DMX console if you have a device with DMX input).