Midi Show Control

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
fred_dev

Midi Show control would be great, I usually remote QLC from other software. It is a little clunky now, I would like to send a note and have it activate a scene, but this is not really functional so I make a chaser and turn that into a cue list (I still don't know why I cannot just put scenes in a cue list?).

It would be great to implement Midi show control as it is a standard protocol for lighting software. This allows me to specify any cue (which would be a scene ideally) from a stack and trigger it. Then in a show with repetitive lighting scenes, or better yet in rehearsals when I need to jump around, I can have my other scene based software send an MSC message and QLC will jump to whatever scene I want.

I use this feature a lot to remote other lighting desks and it would be great in QLC, it would make a seamless change between using QLC or a desk for shows that travel.

Cheers

Fred
maximortal

I agree. It will be great. I use QLC+ with Isadora and during rehearsals this can be a great time savers
Les

I am new to QLC+, just trying it out to see if I want to switch to it. If it doesn't allow incoming MIDI commands to change scenes, etc., I'll definitely pass.
Krauthaus

Midi Support is already there, I am Using a Akai APC 40 controller over midi to control qlc+.
http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN/midiplugin.html
GGGss

fred_dev wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:27 pm Midi Show control would be great, I usually remote QLC from other software. It is a little clunky now, I would like to send a note and have it activate a scene, but this is not really functional so I make a chaser and turn that into a cue list (I still don't know why I cannot just put scenes in a cue list?).
You can include cue's inside a chaser ... (or the filter is enabled for cue's - look in the lower part of the chaser window.
And if you create a custom profile you can use midi to control QLC+ functions.
Hint: I use chasers inside chasers so I can easily 'jump' to chapter x when the director calls for it.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
arretx

If you're using a chaser to program the scenes in a song (Verse, Chorus, Verse, Bridge, etc.) and each scene is a section of the song, if the scenes are part of a chaser, is there a way to target a specific step in the chaser with MIDI via a note value or something of that nature so you could jump to a section of a song, or is the chaser limited to a sequential pattern?
maximortal

probably I miss someting...original post was about MIDI show control
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIDI_Show_Control
that is different to control the show through MIDI (that is easy)