OSC support for Behringer X-Air mixers Redux

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
gmint

There had previously been a fairly active thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8983

regarding OSC and the Behringer X-Air series of mixers. Some progress was made in getting this implemented but I personally didn't do a whole lot more with it because the hack that I had implemented was working fairly well. Unfortunately, I recently upgraded the machine that this was running on to OS X 10.11 and it broke my system of sending commands to the X-Air. As I've documented here, I'm still not entirely sure why it's broken (although I suspect it has something to do with changes to the permission system in OS X):

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10174

Since I still haven't been able to solve the issue set out in that thread, I'm taking an opportunity to once again look at a way to natively do this in QLC+. Based on the information @macallegari provided in the first thread above I was able to get the X-Air up and running in QLC+ Unfortunately, the problem is that my use case requires very specific control of the X-Air (basically I want QLC+ to act as an idiot-proof interface to the X-Air). While I'm able to control the faders from QLC+ I would like to find a way to limit the range of the faders in the same way that can be done with DMX. Better yet, I'd really like to be able to toggle the mute buttons which requires an integer data type which QLC+ isn't currently supporting (to my understanding).

In any case, I'm hoping that we can get this discussion up and running here again!