Order of Heads in Fixure

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
Chris De Rock

Currently i play with LED-Bars who have 18 heads. If i create a RGB-matrix, the heads are in wrong order (1,10,11,....2,3). This order is also shown in the fixure-editor. Is it possible to sort the channels in right order?
janosvitok

Hi,

you can sort them manually in fixture editor. Enlarge the matrix so you have some free space, and then play the 15 game :)

Obviously the default order should be fixed.
janosvitok

Can you post qxw file with any custom features (or step by step process how to recreate the problem). I can't reproduce the problem.
Chris De Rock

strange things happens... now it works correct..
clem

Hi Chris and Jano,

I was going to raise this problem myself.

When an 18 head fixture (Stairville Showbar Tri 18 x 3W RGB in my case, fixture definition as bundled with qlcplus) is selected and a new group created, the heads of this first fixture are added in the correct order. The head order is also correct when several fixtures are selected simultaneously for setting up a new group.

However, when further heads are added using either of the orange arrows, the heads are added in the 1, 10, 11 …... 8, 9 order.

My work around was to add the heads in three blocks: 1, 2 – 9 and 10 -18.

Tested using qlcplus 4.10.4 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
janosvitok

Confirmed. Adding fixture to group using context menu is OK. Adding using orange arrows (both) is wrong.
janosvitok

Problem is that FixtureTreeWidget sorts head alphabetically and neither of FixtureSelection/FixtureGroupEditor sorts them back to ID order.
janosvitok

"Kind of fixed" in git - I've changed the head number to include leading zeroes, so now the heads are in proper order. Seems to work.