Possiblity to trim single fixures?

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
Chris De Rock

it would be great if i can trim single fixures. i know about the possibility to trim channel-faders but this is only useful for groups of fixures. for example, you can set a range for a group ov movings. after that, trimming single heads would be cool.
OddSocks

Sorry, can I ask what you mean by triming.

Could the channel modifier do what you are after.
Chris De Rock

No. i use the channel-modifier to set a range for a set of movings. and i wish i can trim every single head to exaclty match the others.
plugz

Chris De Rock wrote:it would be great if i can trim
OddSocks wrote:Sorry, can I ask what you mean by triming.
Chris De Rock wrote:i wish i can trim
lol

Please explain what you mean by "trim". With details. Thanks.
Chris De Rock

trim = set the exact position (tilt & pan) of a moving head to match the position of the other heads in the set.
plugz

So, copy the pan&tilt of a fixture and apply it to another fixture ?
Chris De Rock

i dont talk about the virtual position defined by pan and tile values. i talk about the real position on stage. you can hang lamps rotated or on a circle or you have deviations in manufacture.
janosvitok

Chris,

please explain in detail what do you need. We are not professional light operators, we don't know the terminology.
Please explain it to us as we knew (almost) nothing :) - what situations do you want to compensate for and what do you expect QLC+ to do in those situations.

J.
Chris De Rock

i try....

on many light-controllers you have the possibility to trim your heads. in fact, its most like a (positive or negative) offset to pan and/or tilt. so you can compensate little production or mounting fluctuations. in QLC+ i use the channel-modifiers to set up a moving range for the heads (and create a set of channel-modifiers for every head is very unuseful) and for the exact positioning trimming would be great.