Virtual DJ 8 TCP control interface

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
michilson

Hello guys,

This is amazing software and I suggest it to everyone. I can not say enough good things about all your hard work.

Here's a feature I'd love to see.

I am a Mobile DJ and I currently Run Virtual DJ 8.

I'd love to see a Plugin for the DJ software that connects to QLC+ Via TCP

The overall goal is to set Commands with Cuepoints in a Music track so that as the song plays it generates commands that allow cues, buttons, or sequences to be turned on and off or indexed to the next cue.

Freestyler (lighting software from denmark) has this feature. Maybe you can look at there implementation and get some ideas as to how this might be accomplished.

I know this is a huge request but I think it would be very useful integration into other command based systems as well to have a TCP command system available.

Thanks guys! I will gladly test bed anything you come up with to help. I wish I knew coding better to be part of the development team.
Johan

Almost a year later.... is there a way that this can be accomplished
janosvitok

I don't think the freestyler protocol is going to be implemented anytime soon. There are more important things (like qlc+5).

Qlc+ accepts midi, osc, dmx, artnet, websockets so maybe you can find a way how to connect vdj to it.

Mixxxx, another dj sw can send midi to qlc+ as there was a discusssion about sending beats (there's a howto in github wiki).

edit: added links
mcallegari

What Jano said, and also: where are the specifications of the VDJ TCP protocol that I can examine ?
janosvitok

In fact, it's a Freestyler protocol. The specification is called "Sendmessage and TCP.pdf" and it is supposed to be included in FS installation.

I've found something here: http://documents.mx/documents/sendmessa ... tcpip.html

VDJ plugin is here: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/15834/freestyler.html It seems that it requires some kind of licence, so it may be hard to test without one
(it's possible that free registration is enough for that).
michilson

Guys I am finally happy to announce that Virtual DJ does have a plugin currently being checked that will allow you to send Artnet to QLC+. I am working with development team to beta test.

Hopefully you will see this plugin in the next few months!

Start Programing your buttons with a Artnet input.

:)
s2nr

Sorry for digging this out once again, but i was just about to ask for a similar feature.

I am not very good with all the networking stuff so forgive me if the solution is easier than i can wrap my head around at the moment. i want to control QLC+ from a Doremi Media Server in a cinema. those doremis are able to send RAW tcp or udp messages, and thats about it.

it would be fabulous to have some easy, human readable udp messages to trigger certain actions, i still have hope it might be implemented some time? There are some devices out there (mainly udp relay boards) that support such simple commands (http://info.kmtronic.com/lan-ethernet-i ... board.html would be an example, http://www.dmx4all.de/download/manuals_ ... mmands.pdf another one with tcp commands). think of something like "P001/r/n" to start a program.

Creating an OSC Package with the correct bytesize and format is actually too much to handle for the people who will use and program those doremi servers (propably also for me). I was thinking about a small arduino sketch to listen for custom tcp messages and converting it to OSC messages but it would be so much nicer to have this functionality without additional hardware. A PC/MAC other than the raspberry with QLC+ is not wanted in my scenario (sadly).

Or is there a way to send out those Websocket API commands directly via tcp/udp? i'm lost with the format this would have to have. The existing commands would be more than i could wish for but they need to be somewhat easy to edit.
Propably running Node-Red und the raspberry to convert a custom TCP Message to OSC on localhost?

Any help is appreciated and sorry for my english ;)