Color Presets

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
tonyschuite

It would be really cool to be able to make color presets.

The wizard function has some generic color settings and buttons, but it would be really handy if I could add a setting for Lee 152, 106, etc.
If I then add more fixtures, I can add buttons for the different colors automatically.

Perhaps in Fixture definitions? That way you could calibrate the colors to a specific fixture as well.
siegmund

This has already been requested here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9681 And I really would like this, too!
janosvitok

Problem with Lee et al. is that (we are afraid) the colors are somehow copyrighted and we were not able to get any agreement from them. In fact, not even any response.
If you know how to ask Lee or other gel manufacturers if they allow us to use their color names, let us know (mcallegari, plugz or me).

I know many e.g. android apps use the colors (without permission?), but we want to have the permission.

It is quite easy to get the RGB values for those colors (for example from their webpage), so this is not a technical issue, just legal one.

Fixture calibration would be great, although a lot of work and maybe would need some special equipment (colorimeter?), but perhaps using a digital camera may help.

Now adding color presets as such, I agree it would be useful, but it needs somebody to design the details and then write the code...