Sliders in VC should be able to act like Simple Desk sliders, i.e. overriding the current cue level

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
siegmund

I see your use case. Since I consider this a very rare one, let me suggest another solution:
You could use a script, which enables all frames, resets all overrides and finally disables all frames again. You will need loopback and multiple external inputs per widget for this, which is currently only possible with the help of loopback (there was a thread about this, but I'm not able to find it at the moment). Please try it by yourself and ask if you are stuck. Unfortunately I don't have time at the moment to come up with a workspace file to illustrate what I mean.
GGGss

Maybe we should start a new thread -> maybe here viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10817&p=46595#p46595 because there we discuss the setup
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
siegmund

GGGss wrote:Maybe we should start a new thread -> maybe here viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10817&p=46595#p46595 because there we discuss the setup
Please start a new thread - the thread you mentioned discusses a very different topic and is somehow solved for the opener.
sbenejam

I posted this in other forum post.

After testing recent changes in slider monitor features I found a strange behavior. In the attached workspace I create 4 scenes this scenes controls dimmer fixtures.

Scene One with 2 dimmers first set to full, second set to zero.
Scene Two with 2 dimmers first set to zero, second set to full.
Scene One-1 with dimmer 1 set to full.
Scene Two-1 with dimmer 2 set to full.
Chaser OneTwo with scenes On and Two.
Chaser OneTwo-1 with scenes One-1 and Two-1

Virtual console
2 Sliders in monitor mode one per channel/dimmer.
Cue list OneTwo with scenes One and Two
Cue list OneTwo-1 with scenes One-1 and Two-1

Playing OneTwo cue list the sliders follow the values correctly, showing the values changing smoothly.
Playing OneTwo-1 cue list. When change to next step, the slider monitoring actual step falls to zero immediately, but the fixture monitor shows the correct values.

Is this the correct behavior?.
Attachments
test-slider-monitor.qxw
(8.26 KiB) Downloaded 426 times
iamchrislaurie

Hi

I have now had a look of this and I really like it!!

One small intriguing thing I have noticed:

When there is a function running, you can adjust the slider by dragging the slider button with the mouse. The value of the channel changes (remains changed) and the red X becomes enabled and works as exected. But, you cannot use the mouse scroll button for this. For some reason, if you hover over the slider, and move the mouse scroller, then the value changes while you are scrolling, but it snaps back to the scene's value when you stop scrolling. It is as if the scroll button does not trigger the new code. If you first move the button with the mouse, then the scroll wheel works.

One of my main use cases for this, is to make small adjustments to moving head spotlight positions during a show, when the actor singer has not ended up where we programmed her/him to be. Being able to make small adjustments with the mouse would be perfect.
Deece

Really love the new slider / monitor functions. They work really well for me.

Just one question ...
When the the slider is in knob mode, is it supposed to have the monitor function as well?
I notice that the green monitor display follows the knob position, not the monitored level.
(qt4-git-4.10.6.20170310.2a70ac5-0 amd64)
scarfface

Hello,
Sorry for my bad english.
Is there any other thread for these questions here?
I want to be able to edit the live scene (just for the moment, without saving) and cross smoothly to the next scene.
Here is one option I build.
Can you tell me, if there is a easier way to edit the light on stage live (without saving) and go smoothly to the next scene? And how does it work with moving heads? Is there a way to select "Monitor the selected channels and update the slider level" in a XY-Pad, so that the blue get to the position of the grey point?

Did you control a XY-Pad with en external controller? With the arrow-keys and mouse it works fine, that the output has as example Pan:125 and Pan Fine:242. When I control with a Gamepad (is that the problem?) Pan and Pan Fine have the same value. When I reduce the working area, the values are good, but then i cant control over the hole working area. Of course not the main area, but also in the working area it seems to be a unvisible border. There is the value of Pan nearly constant, but Pan Fine jumps between 0 and 255.
Thank you for your help.

My version of smooth crossing:
smoothcrossing2.qxw
(16.32 KiB) Downloaded 400 times