Patching suggestion

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
kikko

Dear Marco, first of all thank you for your effort! Regarding patching system I could suggest you to find a simple way to do that? For example simply changing the address in the fixture main page. Which is the problem if I want to create more than one fixture with the same address? Right is warn of a possible address conflict, but why ban it? I found the reassignment page difficoult to manage. If you want to maintain it, why don't permit to changing the address in a second time, than when you save it as reassigned file please make it possible to visualissed the reassignment list. And last but not least, why I have to reassigned all the fixuture and not only the once that do not match in my light plot? Thank you once more!
Francesco
mcallegari

Who is Marco ?
kikko

Sorry Massimo, too late and too tired! Forgive me!
debbio

Ok so is the discussion ended this way? Interesting
kikko

Dear Massimo,
Could I have an answer, just to understand if I have been clear and if there is any chance to implement this features in the future.
Thank you!
Francesco
mcallegari

Fixture address overlapping is not possible in QLC+ for how the engine is designed.
Sorry
Pace

Hi !!!

First, i'd like to thanks Massimo for his incredible QLC+5. It's so exciting !

Now, regarding patching...

When we work on a production, we usually rent every fixture that as more than one parameter. So, I’m perfectly fine(or should I say greatly amazed) with the way QLC+5 allows us to configure every thing since we decide of what we bring in our truck and have done lighting plot accordingly.

On the other end, as we do have no idea of the adresses used at the theater for the trads (that we do not carry in our truck), we have to be able to patch their house dimmers according to our light plot. Am i missing something here? A patch !?! But it seems that part as been totally brush of hand. For me, it’s like Ferrari without a steering wheel ?!?

I don’t know, i’m from Canada. Maybe you do things differently in Europe ???????

No matter what, QLC+5 is quite a piece of software. Can't wait to see it develop !

Hope my English is not to painful...

Pace from Montréal
siegmund

Hey Pascal,

there is nothing like patching in QLC+, but you can use the fixtures remap feature to adjust your workspace file so you have the correct dimmer addresses.
GGGss

And sometimes you are 'cornered' and you must use 2 universes because of overlapping addresses...
In that case you'll have to mambo-jambo your project ... (editing the project-file manually goes best in that case... But be carefull... I did have a project-file crashing QLC+ more than once)

So I guess EU is not that different after all ...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
janosvitok

I'm no LD but I assume the main difference is in naming. If you work with the project for some time you know what channels are front lights, etc.
When you remap to accomodate local patching, the numbers will change and that may break the flow.

Until patching is implemented, one way to workaround is to patch dimmer channels as single channel fixtures, and put the channel number in the name.
That way it stays the same even after remapping. On the other hand, working with several dozens of single channel fixtures is a pain...
RT63

Hi Massimo.
I have recently discovered QLC+ 4 and find it very good. Also this forum is very good as like many users someone has had the same issues I come accross so a fix/solution has been posted and that generally sorts me out.
My question is about multiple fixtures with the same DMX address. I also see you have replied many times saying that the engine does not allow duplication. I get that and you will most likely give me the same answer so I appoligies if you are over answer this question . I'm not a programmer so have no clue how you do what you do.
My question is rather than duplicating all the fixture data is it possible to just copy the graphic of the fixture if you have 4 x fixtures on the same address you see the 4x fixtures in the channel assigment view and in the 2D Visualizer again just copy the graphic with its attributes so the 2D visualizer truly represents the physical fixture layout.
If this function is available in version 5 they maybe I need to upgrade but I'm trying to master v4 first.
Thanks
Robert