[QLC+5] Support RDM?

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
siegmund

Yesterday, I worked with a fixture, which is RDM-capable. RDM is a protocol for getting and setting information from/on fixtures using a typical DMX512 connection.
I wondered if this is worth including in QLC+, since as it looks to me it's a wonderful feature (no more walking around the venue remembering and setting addresses). In addition to that, hopefully more and more manufacturers will include this standard into their fixtures and so QLC+5 could be very future proof.
My first idea would be to include this as an additional plugin via in/output tab.

Maybe it is also worth thinking about a flag in the new fixture definition scheme to indicate if a fixture is RDM-capable or not.

So what do you think? Maybe we can start a discussion about that here.

Lukas

[EDIT] There is already an ArtNet-Standard, too.
mcallegari

Integrating RDM is very difficult, and the current plugins architecture is not ready for it.
Therefore, not in my plans.
In case, you can use OLA for that.
siegmund

mcallegari wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:29 pm Integrating RDM is very difficult, and the current plugins architecture is not ready for it.
I already suspected that.
mcallegari wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:29 pm In case, you can use OLA for that.
Good hint, thanks!
GGGss

Lachie,
Use SuperNOVA https://lumenradio.com/products/supernova/
a way better tool for RDM (on top of WDMX or CRMX wireless control capabilities)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore